The Nightingale's cry: Chapter 8

Sorry, I was interrogated by Scarlet and she was very scary. But enough of that I'm back and here's chapter 8 for you to enjoy!

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Karra hops down from the mech, looking rather frustrated.

"Hi Karra, that was a good ga-" Before I could finish my sentence, she swiftly grabbed a wrench and attempted to hit me.

"Good game!? Good game my fucking ass!!"

To be completely honest, she resembled a raging demon with the way she was acting.

"You're the victor, why are you mad?" She swung again, but this time, she aimed for my head. I decided to take action and I immediately grabbed the wrench and took it away from her.

"You held back! You promised that you were supposed to fight with all you've got if it was me and you held back!"

Well, I did promise that and I wasn't exactly holding back.

"It was just a practice, plus I only have my pistols and a knife."

She still looked pissed off and the other guys began looking at us curiously.

"Bull! You took down 3 Tier 2 Scarab tanks with only those with ease! Those tanks are harder to destroy than my Scorpio, yet you still decimated them." She looks like she calmed down a bit as she spoke.

"That was just...Luck?" It's really just my pro skills that helped me take them down, right?

"I really hate you, you dumbass!"

L.t grabbed both our heads and smashed our faces together. "Enough with the lover's quarrel and get yourselves examined by Alicia and Salvador." We both looked at each other, then at L.t, and just replied with an extremely pained: "Yes ma'am."

"Ow, my head hurts like hell." I said whilst touching my aching red forehead.

"Looks like you got hit by L.t's famous 'head masher'."

Head masher? It feels like my head was hit by a cargo trailer.

"She sure is strong." I looked towards L.t's direction and thought, 'Is she even Human? I've heard that she completed operation ballistic hell all by herself after all her comrades went KIA and reinforcements were not capable of arriving'.

"Yeah, she is, and I know what you're thinking. It's probably some crap like 'Is she human.' or 'is she genetically engineered.' But I'll tell you this, she ain't." Salvador told me as he used the scanner on me. "So anyway, are you going to tell me anything about your girlfriend over there?" Salvador inquired, pointing towards Karra's direction.

"She's a friend and a comrade, that's all you've got to know."

"Owie, how does it look Doc? Will I still be able to think properly?" Karra winced as she sat on the little bench.

"Haha, very funny. It's nothing serious and I don't think it will be able to affect your reasoning."Alicia said as she put her scanner back inside her little medical kit and took a tablet out. "So what was that all about?" Alicia asked as she pointed at James at the other side of the room.

"What?" I got my bag as I questioned the obvious."You know the wrench swinging and 'You held back!' stuff." They heard me, huh? "Well, that's... confidential." I answered her awkwardly as I took my phone out.

"Not telling, huh? Well, if that's the case... then I won't ask you any further."

"Okay, let's head back to the barracks and get a few blinks, shall we?" Salvador shouted out to Karra and Alicia.

"That's fine with me. I do need the sleep for tomorrow's gaming spree." Alicia said as she returned the tablet to her medical kit. "Yeah, I'm ok with that too." Karra sleepily said.

"Okay, then let's go!" Salvador exclaimed. "Go ahead guys, I'll just grab some grub first." I said as I held a coupon up for them to see. "Just don't get lost." Alicia said. "Sure, why not?" Salvador said as he returned some medical supplies.

"You know you'll get fat." Karra bluntly commented.

"Hey, don't worry about my weight, worry about yours because if I'm not mistaken, it seems that you have gained a couple of pounds in the report." Her face turned red. "I-I'm not fat!!" She angrily screamed and then she stormed out of the door.

After my meal, I returned to the barracks, finding the three of them sleeping peacefully.

I had decided to play a game before going to bed, only to be interrupted by L.t's loud shout of:

"Briefing room, now!"