The nightingale's cry: Chapter 2

Edited by: ShionShirosaki

Chapter 2: Warm welcome.

Ouch.

My ears are ringing and all I see are blurred images. Is this how the nightingales greet their new comrades or was this just a trap for the local beasts? After the ringing in my ears ended, I heard a voice that I could barely hear. I lifted my head to try and look at the person but all I saw was a blurry figure, probably a female.

Then, the figure said "You just failed the second part of your initiation. How can you be a scout if you don't even check for traps first?"

This really isn't my lucky day.

As my vision started to become clear, I noticed that the figure has a MCT-120 sub-machine gun and before I knew it, the figure shot a couple of rounds at me. I guess nobody told her that I survived operation Hellfire.

I activated my DHCM ( Deceptive Holographic Cloaking Module) and side stepped away from the bullets then I took my custom built B16 pistols from my holsters and returned fire. Suddenly I was struck by an EMP Mark II grenade.

"Shit!" Was all I could say as another figure appeared.

I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that my vision is back to normal. Bad news is... well let's just say that the second figure is a bulky guy with enough explosives to destroy one of the main bunkers of the ICC.

The bulky figure has tanned skin, dark brown hair, a scar on one eye, and has azure-colored eyes but the other eye seems like it can't focus on anything. The dude then got a valkerie type III grenade launcher.

He then said "K-boom asswipe."

After that highly intelligent sentence, he starts firing impulsion grenades while the other figure just stood there with her MCT-20 held in her right arm. She seemed very beautiful. For her skin was pale as snow with eyes of amber and blonde hair. She seemed to glow under the moonlight with immense beauty.

"Wait.. weren't I fighting someone?"

"Yeah, you were fighting me dumbass." I then shot him twice. One bullet hitting his left thigh and the other bullet hitting his right shoulder. He didn't even flinch! He is probably using a shield. More likely a tier-2 bombardier shield. Again it's not my lucky day. I forgot to bring any plasma type bullets to take down his shield.

"C'mon! Salvador can't you kill a worthless bandit?! "

Bandit? Is that some sort of insult?

"Why don't you help me then, Alicia."

I then shot one of the EMP grenades of the man called Salvador. He then dropped to the ground. I took this as an opportunity to take him out, well... just temporarily. I took out my thermal knife to hit him in areas that will cause him to black out because of the heat. Suddenly I got hit behind my back simultaneously by Alicia. I got my DCHM again just to escape. Luckily my coat absorbed most of the gunshots. I then found myself backed to a wall.

This isn't good, getting surrounded by a bombardier and what seemed like a medic using dual MCT-20. "Any last words?"

Salvador then prepped a tier 2 Jericho-1 grenade.

As I stood there like a helpless animal, I felt the surface of one smoke grenade in my right pocket.

Well, looks like I was lucky for once.

"Not today."

As I dropped the grenade, I ran towards Salvador then pulled the pin of the Jericho-1. After this I activated my ISP(Increased Scouting Proficiency) system then ran as far away from them.

After the grenade exploded, I felt the Impact like I was hit by a high speed Cruiser-7, and believe me, it hurts! Surprisingly, they survived the explosion for I saw two figures

But this time they looked serious.

I prepped my B16's and locked on with my ISP's aiming reticule on both their heads. "Its time to end this!" After saying my -possible- last words, I ran head on towards them. But before any of us got to hit each other, a shock wave pushed all of us to a wall. I suddenly saw another person in the distance. She, too, was utterly beautiful with her silver eyes and her fair complexion but what stood out the most was her hair for it was red as a ruby. The woman who held a Belquins type 3 shock gun said "Okay, everybody! Stop trying to kill each other now, he passed the final part of the initiation."

.. I passed! And, wait, this was only a test? But it seemed like they were really trying to kill me.

"But we were having so much fun L.t!" Salvador said while playing with a bomb that was probably homemade. "Does this mean I can go back to my game? My team won't last without a pro like me around." Alicia said.

"Fine, Alicia. We'll just introduce ourselves at the nest room so you'll be able to play your game. Hey you! Scout come with us." I just nodded for I was too tired to reply

As I followed the woman, I noticed a couple of things. Like how the barracks looks so small on the outside but is so big in the inside. The barracks' interior is made up of sephriunite walls just like the gates but the floor was covered with arcanian wood.

After hours of navigating through the labyrinth of doors. We were finally in the 'nest'.

It was a mess.

Ebooks scattered around the floor, pieces of ammo littered around, and guns everywhere. "Welcome to your new home Scout!" Salvador said with a smile. "Uh... Yeah. Nice place you guys have here." I said while trying to keep a straight face.

"Okay, scout! Time for introductions, I'm Alicia Baretta the team's medic and gamer girl."

...A gamer girl? They actually exist?!

"Name's Salvador Minozo! The team's bomb expert slash walking tank." Okay, that explains the bombs and shields. Now its the L.t's turn. "I'm Scarlet, Scarlet Ruby, your new L.t." Scarlet huh that's a beautiful name."I'm James Connery your new scout and sniper."

"Welcome James mind if we call you 'scout'?" Scarlet said. "Yeah, sure sir...uh I mean Ma'am."

I said while adjusting my sniper lens. I've never had a female lieutenant.

"Cut the formalities scout just call me L.t."

"Okay, L.t when do I get my new gear?" I really really want to have a new sniper. "Your new gear, hmm... well you use your current weapons for you only get our equipment. The stuff will be given tomorrow." Well... there goes the chance for a new sniper. "But for now we eat, take a shower then sleep. Okay, scout boy?" Salvador said while eating a slice of pizza.

===

OK this is the end of Ch-2. If you enjoyed leave a:

Vote

Comment

and even Share it.