빗소리

빗소리 - Rain Sound

(This is not Homestuck related at all, since there are no names mentioned in the story. I've only placed this story in here since I don't have time make a whole new book for it, so in the mean time, this story will be here.)

The air is humid and sticky, though it is raining. Your shoes squeak on the wet sidewalk as your drag yourself through the pouring rain, back slouched from the weight of your backpack. Once again, it's been a rough day at school, it always has been. Your clothes are drenched and you can barely see a thing, teeth chattering as you wipe the droplets off of your face. You suddenly bump into someone and stagger back, ready to unless your stress on the individual. The other lets out a yelp and slides off the ground, landing on her bum. Suddenly feeling bad, you regain your balance and walk to the girl, holding out your hand. She grabs your hand as you pull her up, suddenly she pulls herself into a hug, wrapping her hands around you and snuggling her face against your wet shirt. Surprised, you think she's mistaken you for someone else, you use one arm to tap her lightly on the shoulder and she lifts her face. You blink once, twice, and once more until you finally see who's before you. She's the one you've admired for so long, though she never even batted an eye at you. You've done everything for her. On Valentine's day you've secretly stored chocolates and flowers right before her locker, you've been protecting her as much as you can, and you've take the blame when it was actually her fault. You love her, you've loved her since the day you've seen her. She looks at you with her stunning blue eyes and you look at her back, not blink even once. This can't be true..You must be dreaming. 

"I feel so foolish and selfish, after all these years I've never noticed you were always there for me, You'd always care for me. But now I've figured it all out, even if you're not considered as those high ranked jocks, You've got something else that's even worth more than that. A caring heart. I'm so sorry for all the pain I've caused you those pass years, I truly am." She whispers to you and only you with her smooth voice and you feel as if you were to turn to mush right there. But you remained your stance. She finally noticed you, all of your hard work has paid off. You nod, unable to form words and pull her into another hug once more, mumbling into her ear, 

"I love you," She smiles and pulls back the last time, leaning in and pressing her lips against yours as you snake your arms around her waist.  

'I love you too.' 

You never really found the rain beautiful, until this very day.

Ever since you guys were together, you've always loved standing in the rain or admiring it behind your window. The pitter patter of the rain drops soothes your mind and washes away your stress. She too, finds a liking to rain and loves sleeping to it. Sometimes she would come over your house and together, you both watched the rain with a small chat before falling asleep together. Its 4:30 pm and it begins to rain as you walk out your house. You stroll down the same street you've ran into her years ago and you stop right at the spot; It's been two years you guys been together. Two years ago you have ran into her at this very spot. Your phone rings and vibrates and you take it out, covering your phone with your hoodie as you hold the phone to your ear. 

"Hello?" 

"Hello, is this the emergency contact number?" 

"Yeah, yeah, is there a problem sir?" 

"Yes, quickly to Mickely Road," You can hear the man sniff and let out choked words,"She's in trouble, I'm so deeply sorry Sir, you know how hard the rain is pouring and I just couldn't see a thing as I was driving and I couldn't brake in time-" You end the call and clench your fingers til your knuckles turned white, racing in the rain to the street name, as police cars and ambulances zoom pass you. Time seemed to slow down as your got there. Flashing red and blue lights, and the wails of the police siren. You dash closer to the scene and push pass people that were holding umbrellas, getting to the accident scene. You freeze in place, taking in the scene before you. A pool of blood, mixed with that same long black colored hair you've always loved touching. Her beautiful flawless face is splashed with crimson red blood, that stains her little lips and her favorite hoodie you've bought for her. You see those same pairs of blue eyes wide open and staring at you as you move closer. Dropping to your knees you slowly reach out your trembling hand to caress her cheek lightly and carefully, as if you'd damage her, even though she was beyond repair.  

"Sir, I'm so sorry, like I've said the rain was pouring so hard I couldn't see a thing," The man started, but you glared daggers at him, tears flowing down your cheeks and mixing in with the rain. 

"Sorry doesn't cut it, 'sorry' doesn't fucking bring her back alive," You shout, punching the ground with your fist. "Sorry doesn't BRING HER BACK TO ME!"You choke out ragged words as tears run down your face, that's contorting into pain and depression.  

"Wake up...Please wake up..Today is raining, wake up and walk with me in the rain," You shake her body with one of your hands, the other wiping your face. Could it be that the sky is crying for me?  

"Sir I need you to step inside of the ambulance as we bring the girl in first, you're going to get sick from the weather," A policeman muttered, tugging the back of your shirt. You get up and stagger, regaining your balance. You look on the ground to find her hand tightly balled. Looking around her hand you find her phone beneath her, and you pull it out from her. The screen appears to be cracked and the batteries are knocked out. You grab the batteries and the doctors haul her into the ambulance. The crowd clears up as you get in as well, and the be chine drives away. Rubbing your eyes with the heel if your palm, you clench and unclench your teeth. Why did this happen to you out of all people? Tears once more drip down your face as you sniff, vision becoming blurry. Later on, you arrive at the hospital as they lay her on the bed. It storms outside and you take another look at her blue wide eyes for the last time and you reach over with a hand, and close them for yourself.  

"Good-bye."

Years after this incident you've struggled to move on, because every time it rained, those memories would come back and haunt you, leaving you swollen-eyes and red-faced. You can't help but miss her, it's been a while since you've seen her again. You go to your special drawer and open it up, reveling her cellphone. You place the batteries in, and the home screen popped up with a message:  

4:45 PM: Message Sent. 

Your phone rings instantly, and you go to check it. The last message she's ever gotten to send you: 

4:45 PM: I love you.

You've always thought rain was a beautiful thing, until she died.