Chapter 4- She's Gone

Colette's POV
"Mom!" Daxton shouted from his room.

"What!" I yelled back.

"Come here!" I groaned and trudged my way to his room.

"Is there something you need my little prince?" I said standing by the doorway.

"You said you would help me with my presentation for school."He said showing me the Macbook with his google account already typed in.

"Why can't you ask Emmi? Or Brock?" I said taking a seat.

"Well, Emmi is always gone and Brock doesn't really like helping me."

"If only Avia were here to help you." I said running my fingers through his hair. Right after I said that, I grinned. I held myself back from laughing.

Of course I didn't want Avia here! Man, ten years later and she's still, well was, my least favorite child. Of course, I felt terrible when Shay and the other kids didn't stop crying after her death. But, eventually they stopped crying, the kids returned to school, vlogs became consistent again, everything returned to "normal."

*Flashback*

We stood there in silence as Shay tried finding the keys to our house. In my hands, I gripped both mine and Avia's luggage. Once Shay finally opened the door, we walked to our room to put our bags down. Shay sat down, clearly lost in thought.

"I'm just gonna put Avia's luggage in her room." Shay nodded his head as I grabbed Avia's bag and went down the stairs. I slowly opened the door to see Avia's room all messed up.

This girl. Even when she's dead I still find a way to get mad at her.

I locked the door and began picking her clothes up and putting the rest of her stuff away. I grinnined from ear to ear. I still cannot believe Avia's dead! I hummed Forever Love, while I neatly put away her clothes.

She's gone.

*Flashback ends*

"Mom?" Daxton asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh sorry I was just, thinking about Avia." I said sighing.

"Oh. I never got to ask you this mom, but what was Avia like? I was only two when she died, so I don't really remember what she was like." He said, his voice getting softer.

She was the worst out of you kids. She was so bratty, spoiled, too loud, so sassy. I could never tolerate her.

"Well Dax, she was outgoing. She wasn't shy, she was funny, and smart. Daxton, you don't know how much I miss her."

Or how much I don't miss her.

"It's okay mom." He said putting his arms around me. "I know you guys miss her, but I can't ever relate when you guys talk about her because I don't really remember her. If it weren't for the vlogs, I probably would've never even remembered what she looked like!"

"It's times like these when I'm thankful that we vlog our lives. And that's why we still vlog, so your kids, Emmi's kids, or any of your siblings kids know what their aunts and uncles were like."

"Ew! Mom, I'm not gonna have kids!" I laughed.

"Don't worry Daxton, of course you won't physically have kids, but you know what I mean."

"Of course I know what you mean, I'm almost twelve mom."

"Okay then almost twelve year old, finish your project! I'm pretty sure you can figure out how to work Google Slides, you're smart." I said as I closed his door.

It's funny how Daxton says he doesn't want kids, yet I said the same thing. I ended up raising five kids, and actually killing one of them. Wow.

I regret two things in life.

One of them is not being able to tell Avia why I truly hate her, and what her true story is.

Then again, it is Avia's fault for running before I could tell her.

-------------------------------------------------------

Longg time no update! Wow, I'm so sorry. We had testing so I barely had time to go on Wattpad actually. And I'm also running for Student Body Vice President so maybe no update for a while because of that too, sorry Luvs :((

QOTD: So far, are you guys liking It's All A Lie or this story better?

AOTD:Maybe the whole mystery vibe this story has makes it more fun for me to write, but as Ryan Higa and almost everyone has said, the first or original can never beat the sequel.