Chapter 5-Moving On

(Please read A/N at the end. Also I know very little about high school graduations, I've been to one in my life oops)

I stood at the side of the stage waiting for my name to be announced. I saw my family to my left and I already knew they would be the loudest ones cheering for me.

"Emmi Butler!" I walked proudly across the stage as my entire family whistled, screamed, and cheered for me. I shook hands with my teachers and principal after finally being able to hold my highschool diploma. Four years of tears, all nighters, and projects to lead up to this.

I took my seat and waited for the rest of my fellow classmates to recieve their diplomas, which would take a while considering my last name is "Butler."
~
"Emily Zhou!" Everyone cheered, maybe because she was the last one and after this everyone could leave and eat with their families.

"Congratulations, class of 2025, for making it here. I know you all have a wonderful life ahead of you. . ." The principal continued her speech as I zoned out, thinking about all the fun (and not so fun) things that happened in highschool. I turned to look at my family, but instead I saw Avia, all grown up, standing a few feet away from me, looking at me straight in the eyes.

"Avia?" I said squinting my eyes a little. I kept looking at her, I couldn't look away, why can't I look away, I thought. She still had the same light brown hair, but her face was different. She wasn't the same confident Avia that I knew, she looked, like a lost puppy in a sea of strangers.

"Hey, stand up." The girl next to me tapped my shoulder snapping me back to reality. I turned once again to see that Avia was no longer there.

You're probably just hungry Emmi.

"Please move your tassels from right to left." We all eagerly turned our tassels.

"Congratualtions, Idaho Falls High School class of 2025!" I tossed my cap into the air as confetti showered down on us. My friends ran up to give me a hug as tears started coming down my cheeks.

"W-we did! We survived high school!" I screamed as they pulled me in for a group hug.

"I love you guys." My friend, Nia, said to us.

I looked behind her to see Avia standing there, with a huge grin on her face as she nodded her head in approval.

I closed my eyes, and once again, Avia was no longer there.

-------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry guys, but lately (and I say this a lot) I literally, NOT EVEN EXAGGERATING, have had little time to do anything. I haven't even had time to watch youtube!

I know you guys might be used to long chapters, but I have other things more important than writing chapters on Wattpad now ( STILL LOVE EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU GUYS THOUGH!)