Brynn's Point of View

I was beyond excited! I had won! I had beat Maddie Ziegler! The best dancer and biggest competition here at ALDC! Who wouldn't be happy! 

I had gotten a solo and duet. I think Abby was starting to love me. I was a permanent member of the team now. It was break time and I walked through the back hallway to the drinking fountain to fill up my water bottle. I heard screaming and yelling and peeked through a door that the noise was coming from. Abby was screaming at Maddie, who had tears streaming down her face. I felt bad for her. 

"You are a failure!" Abby screamed. "Brynn shouldn't have beat you! Maddie Zeigler..HA. That name will be forgotten, now that Brynn is here!" Maddie cried harder. She wiped her eyes and tried to stay strong. Abby was going to far. That was not nice at all. I knew I had to end this. I ran to where the moms were sitting and talking. 

"MELISSA, MELISSA!" I screamed and pulled on her hand.

"What is it, Brynn?" She asked me as she stood up.

"It's Maddie! I can't explain just follow me!" I screamed at her. She followed me to the room. Sure enough we caught Abby still screaming at Maddie about how terrible she was. Which isn't true at all. Everyone loses sometimes. You can't always win. 

"ABBY LEE MILLER WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!" Melissa screamed. The other moms were starting to run down the hallway along with the rest of the girls. Abby stopped screaming and flashed a smile.

"I'm just giving Maddie a pep talk." Maddie shook her head and continued to cry.

"That's not what I heard!" Melissa took Maddie's hand and stormed out of the room.

"Come on McKenzie, we're leaving." My mom took her hand too. 

"Wait! MOM!" Kenzie dug her feet into the ground, but her mom pulled her away and out the door. Jill (Kendall's Mom) ran after them. 

"Melissa? Let's not make any rash decisions. This is how Abby is and we all learned to deal with it." Jill stayed calm. I had followed them (against my mom's wishes) so I could listen to the conversation.

"I know Jill, but this has gone WAY to far. I will not tolerate her attacking my daughter and calling her a failure!" Maddie and Kenzie had gotten into their car and I saw their silhouettes through the tinted windows.

"We're not coming back Jill, not after this." 

And with that, Melissa jumped into the driver's seat and drove away.