☆ 11 February

Michael intently stared at his phone, waiting for Lola to text him back and distract him from the fact that he's sitting in the doctors office waiting to be called. Luke was sitting beside him reading a magazine, Ashton beside the blonde looking extremely uncomfortable in a room full of pregnant teens. Michael bounced his legging clad leg, hugging himself in his oversized tee shirt. He was slightly uncomfortable because the teenage girls in the room were staring at him judgmentally, criticizing his kitten ears head band with their eyes. Michael tried to ignored him as he picked up a magazine, flipping through the pages and only finding furniture and baby clothing.

"Michael Hemmings-Clifford" Michael jumped in his seat, gasping as his magazine fell. Luke chuckled, picking the magazine up as he stood. He held a hand out for Michael, giving him a warm smile. The boy slowly placed his hand in his mummas, standing up and allowing Luke to lead him to the nurse. Ashton followed, walking down the hallways behind Michael and his fiancé, until they all slipped into a room. Michael looked around with scared eyes, staring at the small bed and the large machine beside it. Ashton placed his hand on Michaels shoulder, giving him a comforting smile.

"I know you're really nervous right now, but me and mumma are right here beside you. Just take a deep breath, okay?" Ashton whispered as Luke talked to the nurse. Michael gulped down the lump in his throat, nodding quickly as he tried to breath in and out as deeply as he could in his nervous state. Ashton rubbed Michaels shoulder and upper back before taking a seat.

"Alright Michael, let's have you sit on the bed. I'll be checking blood pressure and the usual eyes and ears before the doctor comes in. My name is Kimmy by the way" the older brunette smiled politely. Michael nodded as Luke walked up to him, gripping his waist and helping him up onto the bed. Michael thanked his mumma, sitting still as Kimmy did as she said she would. She told them that the doctor should be in soon before leaving them and shutting the door. Michael took a deep breath, looking over at Luke and Ashton who were quietly engaging in conversation.

Michael wanted what his mumma and Ashton had. He wanted an undeniable love that others can look at and just know it will last. Because that's what Ashton and Luke have, they have a love that shines in the dark and survives through a storm, and Michael had a baby most likely with his step sisters boyfriend.

Michael was broken.

There was no doubt about that. His father left him when he was seven so the only parental figure he ever knew was his mumma, he was okay with that but the hole in his heart knowing that his own father didn't want him. But he had a mumma and a big brother who love him more than anyone else ever could.

Michaels thoughts were cut short when the door opened and a middle aged blonde women walked in.

"Hi. You must be Michael, my name is Doctor Higgins but you can call me Kelsey. Let's get you checked out shall we" The doctor smiled warmly.

"Nice to meet you" Michael politely smiled as the doctor sat down in a small rolling chair set beside the large machine.

"Can you lay back and lift your shirt over your stomach for me, please?" Kelsey asked. Michael nodded silently, laying back on the bed and lifting his shirt up his stomach.

"This may be a little cold" Kelsey said before pouring a small glob of gel on his stomach. Michael flinched a bit but got used to the unfamiliar feeling. Kelsey grabbed a small wand looking stick and started pressing buttons on the machine.