Chapter 19

Kim POV

I walked hurriedly with Josh anxious to see Jack. We walked through the doors, Josh was clearly ignoring the looks from the guards. A Doctor approached.

"Mr Turner she shouldn't be in here" she said.

"It is only for 10 minutes. We are here to see Jack Brewer" he said. The Doctor nodded. She lead us away from all of beds and to a set of 3 doors. She unlocked the 3rd door.

"There hasn't been any change from him in the last 12 hours" she informed us.

"10 minutes" she said and walked away.

"I'll wait outside" Josh said. I nodded, took a deep breath and walked in. Josh shut the door behind me.

My heart felt like it was going to break. Jack looked the weakest I had ever seen him. His hair was lifeless, his tan skin pale. I knew he would have hated looking like this. I walked over to his bed and sat on a chair.

"Hi Jack" I muttered weakly. I knew I was going to burst into tears at any moment.

"I'm sorry I haven't been to see you since-"I trailed off.

"The doctors and guards wouldn't let me in"

"I'm sorry for this all Jack. It's my entire fault. If I hadn't started being mouthy to my father he wouldn't have tried to shoot Josh and shoot you. If I had just stayed hidden away. If I hadn't fallen in love with you" I said. Tears were streaming down my cheeks. I held Jack's hand in mine. It was cold.

"I can understand if you blame me. I can understand if you want to break up with me and never see me again. But you can only do these things if you wake up. You don't understand how much everyone needs you. Jerry is a mess. Grace hasn't slept in days. And I need you. I need to see those perfect brown and that cocky smirk, that annoys me so much but I love anyway" I said. I was almost choking on my words. I was sobbing now.

"I have so much to say to you. I need to kick your ass in a fight. I need to kiss you one more time. I need to do so much with you Jack. We haven't even had a first date. I don't even care if you can't hear me. I just need you to know." I said.

"I need you to wake up. Please. For Jerry. For Grace. For Josh. For me"

"I love you Jack" I said. I kissed his hand.

I felt movement under my lips. I moved his hand from my face and saw one of his fingers moving.

"JOSH" I screamed. The door burst open.

"Jack's finger- his finger moved" I yelled quickly.

"That's impossible. He hasn't moved in days" Josh said. He ran out of the room and returned moments later with the Doctor.

"What happened?" she asked.

"His finger moved. I thought you said he hasn't moved in days" I asked quickly.

"He hasn't. What did you do?" she asked in an almost accusing tone.

"Nothing. I did nothing. I was just talking to him. And his finger started moving" I explained.

"I'm sure Kim did nothing" Josh said. The Doctor was rushing around Jack, inspecting him.

"Nothing has changed. His temperature is the same. And his blood pressure and heart beat. I have no idea what has happened" the Doctor said confused.

"Maybe-" I started but was cut off by someone mumbling.

"Kim-Kim-Kimmy" the voice said. I turned around to see Jack's eyes partly open and his lips parted forming my name. His fingers were moving.

"I'm here Jack" I said rushing to his bedside.

"Kimmy- I'm going- to- going to- make it thr-ough- this for- you. I lo-" he started but his eyelids shut again.

"Jack. No Jack wake up" I said. I was leaning on Jack's bed and crying hysterically now. I felt Josh's arm around my shoulder. He guided me out of the infirmary and to his office.

"Kim it's alright. This is good. Jack has shown signs of movement. This is a major improvement" Josh said comfortingly.

"I know. But he wish he could've been awake for longer" I said.

"I think we were just lucky to have those few seconds" Josh said. I nodded.

"What now?" I asked.

"We only pray that Jack gets better from here onwards" Josh said.

I was silently praying.

______________________________________________________________

That was quite a sad chapter to write. I hope you all enjoyed Jack's short moment.