Chapter 9

Kim's POV:

Owwww my head it killing me. I kept trying to open my eyes but I couldn't. What happened? I tried moving my head, but failed. I wiggled my fingers, and felt something. Something warm. I groaned and the warm thing on my hand squeezed my hand gently.

"Come on Kim. Open those big brown eyes" someone said. The voice sounded close, but at the same time far away. And familiar, but I couldn't quite place it. I groaned again and this time moved my head.

"Melissa, she's waking up" the voice yelled. I could hear footsteps and more voices. I opened my eyes and blinked a few times before keeping them open.

"Kim, how are you feeling?" a women's voice asked. I turned my head to see Aunt Melissa standing next to bed, Arthur was behind her, and Jack was sat on a chair next to me bed with his hand resting on mine- wait what? Jack must have seen I was looking and pulled his hand away.

"I feel sore" I muttered hoarsely.

"Can you remember what happened?" Jack said, looking down angrily.

"no-" I said but then started getting flashbacks. Seeing Carson, confronting him, he got angry and kissed me, then pushed me into a wall. Then the blur of black and brown.

"You saved me" I said to Jack. He looked up and smiled. The first genuine smile I had seen on his face.

"If only I had been quicker before the creep could have put his hands on you" Jack muttered.

"It doesn't matter, he's done worse "I said quietly. Aunt Melissa and Arthur looked shocked but said nothing. Jack just clenched his fists.

"Jack was very good. He got you out of there and carried you here straight away" Arthur commented.

"Thank-you" I said to Jack. He looked at me and I could see his eyes clearly. A deep chocolate colour, that you could get lost in. Which I was.No Kim. You can't even think about falling for him. He is your kidnapper. No.

"How long have I been asleep?" I asked.

"2 days" Melissa said.

"We were hoping you would wake up sooner. I was going to call a professional doctor in if you weren't awake by tomorrow. There's only so much I could do for" she continued. I nodded, shocked. So much had happened in the past week. I was kidnapped, my brother was shot, being told about my dad, seeing Carson and then being unconscious for 2 days.

"Kim, are you alright. Not about this, but about everything" Arthur asked. I nodded but not very convincingly. I just wanted to go home and see my Dad and brother. I just wanted my Mum back.

~~~Line skip (Next day) ~~~

Still Kim POV

I slept for the rest of the day until the next morning. It was a Wednesday now so Arthur, Jack, Jerry, Grace, Kelsey and Julie would be in training or classes. I walked downstairs to the heavenly smell of pancakes.

"Hey Kimmers" Aunt Melissa said.

"Hey. Where's Josh?" I asked.

"Didn't you know. He does some classes. He's working right now. You are welcome to go and watch if you want. I believe he is teaching the 15-16 year olds in the big hall at the moment" she said. I nodded. I scoffed down my pancakes then realised something.

"Aunt Melissa, I don't have any clothes. Or make-up." I said. She smiled at me almost as if she wanted me to ask that question.

"I've been out to buy you everything. Both of your double wardrobes are stocked with clothes, and in all the boxes around your room, you can find make-up, hair products and jewellery. Also your bathroom is stocked with everything you will need" she said happily. I ran and hugged her happily.