Mathias Underwood

So we decided to rewrite this and get back on track.

"Well, another operation gone well. No one suspects a thing," Cedar said, brushing her hands on her pants.

I could only nod. After every operation, I felt sick. I had just helped take away people lives, even if I didn't kill them. Most of the people were teenagers, but a few of them where younger than me. The looks they gave me made me feel sick to my stomach.

"Go get ready for school, I don't want a teacher or student snooping around here. You got that, twerp?" Barney snapped.

I knew better than to argue. The only place that that got me was in pain. I ran to the house, passing by the barn. My stomach lurched when I passed it, but I ignored the feeling. Feelings get you nowhere, stupid.

I grabbed my backpack and ran out to where the bus stop. First hour, second hour, third hour, lunch. Nothing really interesting happened in the first half of the day. I ate lunch alone. No one really ever noticed me, but I didn't care. If I stayed in the shadows, I wouldn't be bullied as often. Fourth hour was the same boring math. I left early, still feeling sick from earlier. As I was walking down the hall, I bumped into someone.

"God, watch where your going," an older girl spat and kept walking.

I started to move faster down the hall, but was stopped when the girl yelled at me.

"Hey kid," she yelled.

I flinched. People yelling that usually want to start a fight. I turned to look at her, so she continued talking.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"M-Mathias Underwood," I stuttered.

"Glad to meet you," she smiled.

I almost sprinted down the hall. If Barney got a call that I was late for fifth hour again, I wouldn't be able to walk. After the accounted with the girl, nothing interesting happened until after school.

When I walked outside, I was instantly shoved to the ground.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't orphan Annie. Missed ya little twit," a rough voice said.

I tried to stand up, but got shoved down again. When I looked up, I saw Micheal and a couple of his lackeys stood over me. They all were wearing evil smirks. Micheal smiled at me evilly. I tried to stand up again, but Micheal shoved me down once more. I kicked up, hitting him in the stomach. The older boy doubled over, coughing. When he stood up straight, a look of pure fury crossed his face.

"I think we need to teach the twerp a lesson," Micheal smiled evilly.

Two of his lackeys held me down. I tried to fight back, but they were much stronger than me. Micheal slammed his foot into my stomach, causing me to groan. Pain shot up my stomach. I tried to protect my stomach and chest, but the two lackeys were still holding me down. Micheal took a couple of shots at my face. Eventually he got bored and left, leaving me alone on the sidewalk. Why did it have to be like this?

I stood up and looked down at my watch. The bus was long since gone, and it was still five miles back to the house. Barney and Cedar hated it when I was late. I was already thirty minutes late, and by the time I got back, I would be almost an hour late. Man was I going to pay for this when I got to the house. Besides all of the aches and pains, I took off at a small jog. The quicker I got home, the better, and yet, a small part of me wanted to delay it as long as possible. That is stupid. The longer you wait, the worse the punishment will be.

The run home was pure torture. Pain shot up my side every time I took a breath. By the time I got to the house, I felt like I was suffocating. Fear soared through me as I got to the front door. Maybe I'd get lucky and they wouldn't be home. I knew that it was a stupid thing to hope for. There was no chance that they weren't home, but still, I needed some hope to open the door. As soon as the door swung open, a glass bottle was thrown at my head. It shattered next to me. I yelped and jumped to the side.