Chapter 2: Laura Our Savior

You know not having a say in anything you do sometimes has its benefits, especially when your indecisive like me. But when its being shoved into the back of a van with other kidnapped kids and nobody even thinking to ask you if you wanted to go, where they're going, or are okay with getting involved with anything they were doing. Or the fact that you really just wanted to go home but couldn't say anything because you're vocal chords didn't work correctly, really, really sucked.

And as I sat on the floor of a strangers house in a random location, with a bunch of random kids whose name I hardly knew. I struggled to fight back the tears brimming in my eyes.

But I'm not that selfish, these tears weren't only for me. But for my parents and how worried they must be their daughter had gone missing, for Maggie whose only friend since she moved here had suddenly disappeared leaving her to defend off bullies by herself, for Mathias the random kid who might possible die from injuries an angry red head caused or others he got trying to save us.

As Walker and the woman who owned the house patched up the poor kid the best they could, the rest of us sat in her living room. Mostly silent, besides the three almost identical blonde girls two with rectangular glasses who whispered silently to each other.

I sat on the floor of the living room my legs pulled to my chest. My back pressed to a white wall. Since their wasn't enough spaces on the couch and chairs for everyone. The three blondes sat on a couch together, obviously family. The smaller boy with almost strawberry blond hair sat on a small chair cross legged, staring off into space.

The other boy, Jacob, sat on a wicker chair, slumping with bad posture. It looked like it hurt but he seemed unfazed. The angry red head, Blay apparently, was leaning against the wall opposite to me. Near the hallway where the room that held the other three were.

Granted the house wasn't a very big one, the room the seven of us were placed in was almost filled to maximum capacity. Hearing footsteps coming down the hall, I stood up so I could actually see the face of whoever it was.

Walker came into view, "Well Laura said he'll make it. It will take a little for him to recover but he's alive." He leaning against the wicker chair Jacob slumped in. "Now that, that is dealt with. We have to get rid of the tracer that by the way is still in the van." Blay sneers, obviously unhappy she's been stuck with us.

"Well, Laura was in the military for four years. She'll know how to deal with it," Walker says, "get the tracer, whoever is following you probably has already tracked you to my house. As soon as the young man wakes up your going to have to get out of here." A woman in her late forties walks into the room.

Everything about her screamed she could kick your ass, her dark hair pulled tightly in a pony tail. You could tell she was strong physically with the size of her arm muscles, her whiskey colored eyes held wisdom. Her brown skin had cuts littered everywhere everywhere. The biggest scar ran across her chest the ending of it covered by the tank top she wore.

"Funny thing is, we have no clue where it is." Blay remarks pushing off the wall to stand up straight and folding her arms. "Well I have a back up plan for this type of stuff," Laura says with a soft smile. Walking over to a small cabinet she grabbed a device from it.

After moving the dial in the middle around she set it down on the small entry hallway table. "Its a tracer jammer, messes with the coordination's. You guys will have to get a different car and quickly."

Laura walks into the kitchen, coming back with a car key in her hand. "Not very far from here I know a man who holds cars. Tell him Laura Amir sent you, he'll let you right in." she hands the keys to Walker. "He has my car in his storage, Volkswagen bus." she says patting Walker on the back.

"Now go get you're friend and go before they find you." She says her tone turning serious.

Walker places and arm in her shoulder "What about you?"

She gives a small laugh "Boy I can take care of myself, trust me." She says, Walter smiles back at her.

"You know I do, okay guys I'm going to check on Matthias and then we're leaving." He says turning to the group before walking back down the hallway.

I silently walk over to Laura as the others get ready to leave. I tap her shoulder, she turns around and smiles at me.

"Hi, are you okay do you need something?" She asks I shake my head.

'Thank you' I sign at her, she closes her eyes and nods. "You are very welcome darling." She says leaning down.

"I'm going to give you some advice. I know whatever you've been through is scary and it's very easy to be frightened. These kids may have a hard time understanding you, but stay strong and don't stop trying to make yourself heard." Her voice dropping so only I could hear it.

I give her a smile and nod, hopefully I'll be going home soon so these people won't have to understand try and understand me.

"Okay let's go," Walker says walking back into the room. A sick looking Matthias was by his side, hanging off of him for support. I move to help, he saved us. I owe him. Walker gives me a appreciative smile.

"Why can't we just leave him, I'd be so much easier." Blay mutters, I narrow my eyes at her but she doesn't seem bothered by it.

One by one we sneak out of the house. Hurrying a bit quicker when we spot a van similar to the one we escaped in down the street. The walk feel like forever as we lay low.

"We're all going to die," on of the blondes whispers as we crouch in the shadows. The building Laura talked about comes into view. It's brick walls looks beaten up, the light up Sals Auto Repair and Garage Shop sign read 'SAURAGS' from some letters being out.

"Wow looks like a quality place," Jacob says as we make our way over to it.

It's better than nothing.