Chapter 4: Toaster on Wheels

I'm going to tell you a secret.

That's right. 

A secret right from the emo boy himself.

Here's my secret...

Car rides are stupid and everyone should hate them. It's confirmed by like all scientists. 

That stupid car ride, which, had been going on for like ever without any of us speaking except for the two up front, who acted like they were my parents. I don't even listen to my own parents, you'd have better luck getting me to do something if you were some purple dinosaur.

To add to the silence of the stupid car, the stupid box on wheels didn't have air conditioning. I'm pretty sure the kid in the front-Walker or whatever- took off his shirt at one point until that red-head yelled at him to put it back on. If I would've actually been able to see anything from the back, I wouldn't have complained. But one thing I know I can complain about, and I bet everyone else could too, was Walker's stupid car sickness.

He would constantly be groaning about it, and when he found out no one cared, he would just sigh all the time. Not like a quiet sigh, like one with a moan hidden in it. Like- oh nevermind. It's just really annoying.

After a while of silent-sigh filled-hot driving, Blay slowed down near a building. I would've read the sign, if I cared, but apparently it was a motel from the looks. 

"Should we stay here?" Blay said, turning around and looking at us. 

Ever made her normal ninjustsu, or sign language that no one could understand, and Mathias kindly weakly shrugged. 

"Eh." I responded.

"That's not a very helpful response."

"Oh I know."

I know, I'm annoying, but I genuinely hope she punches me. Like, can you imagine the pain surging through your face afterwards? God, it would be amazing. 

She sighed and turned around and looked at the road again. She pulled the stupid wheel toaster into the drive way, and then slowed it to a stop. She then undid her seatbelt and stepped out of the car. Walker followed her, along with Ever and Mathias. I sighed loudly and pushed the door open and stepped out into the outside, which was somehow hotter. I bet just going outside right now for like two minutes would give me about eight sunburns.

Like, that's a lot of sunburns, y'know?

Blay walked around a little, looking for the place to go register. "So, how many rooms do we need?"

I looked around at the... strange and not so homey looking rooms, and then looked around at the strange not so homey looking dysfunctional group. The least inviting are probably Strawberry Not-so-short or Sweet Cake, The Crybaby Triplets,  and the Boring Red-head. Ever seemed pretty cool, and Mathias was simply adorable, the poor baby. I want to hug him. I also want to absorb all of his wounds.

"Um, depends how many beds are in each?" One of the triplets said. I just realized I knew none of their names. Oh well.

Boring boy piped up after that. "Yeah, then we can split from there."

I knew just then that I had to assert my obvious want to be in the same room as Mathias right then and there, so I simply said, "I wanna stay with Mathias!"

Mathias weakly turned to me. "W-why?"

I blinked. Dumb question. Silly boy. "Why what?"

"W-why would you... w-want to s-stay with me?" He sputtered out.