Prologue: The Agreement

#1 of The Brides Series

''Two souls don't find each other by simple accident"
~Unknown

He walked across the grand hall, pass the walls with antiques dated back to hundreds of years ago.

He ascended the marble stairs, his back view giving off a powerful aura. Beneath that dark Armani suit were rippling muscles. The air was filled with the scent of his aftershave and cologne.

Servants greeted him along the way but he walked past them without any acknowledgement. That was him. Soon, he finally reached the biggest room in the villa.

He pushed the door open. An old man sitting on a plush red velvet armchair greeted his sight. He looked like he had been waiting for him all this time.

"Pappoús," he greeted his grandfather. The old man smiled, the corners of his eyes crinkled while it twinkled in delight.

"Ah Marco! Agapité mou engonó, how nice to see you again! "

"You just saw me two days ago, grandpa," he rolled his eyes and sighed. His grandfather was still as exaggerating as ever.

"There's nothing wrong with missing their dear grandson, are there?" The old man rumbled with laughter.

"Well, I call you up today for something, of course. You're such a busy man." He adjusted his stiff posture on the armchair and continued. "It's about time for you to get a wife."

"Ti eípes?" He echoed in disbelief and confusion.

"I said it's time for you to find a bride. Your cousin's wife just gave birth yesterday. You know very well that we need a heir for our company. I'm not getting younger everyday, you know."

"You know I-" he retorted.

"Of course I know very well that you are one hell of a womanizer, honestly, the whole tabloid knows." The old man stated.

"Well I'm not going to get myself a clingy wife and give up my bachelor lifestyle. You can't do that to me." He shrugged casually.

The old man raised his eyebrow challengingly. "Oh no, young man, I can and I will. If you don't get yourself a bride before my birthday, I'm going to pass the CEO position to your cousin." He stated firmly, leaving no room for rejection.

He cursed silently. His grandfather's birthday was at the end of the year. He sighed , knowing that his grandfather was dead serious this time.

"Well, that's all for now! See you next week during the family dinner! " His grandfather exclaimed brightly.

Without a choice, he nodded his head reluctantly and walked out of the room.

Hello dears,
This is the updated version of The Substitute. Hope y'all enjoy!
Much Loves,
devulaa

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT !!!!