Finishing Up Unfinished Stuff

"It is not over. Champions extend their limits and make things happen."

-Amit Ray

____________________________________________________________________

Bella POV

"Uh that, I-I don't think so." I stuttered, mentally chiding myself acting like a fool in front of him, letting the old shy wallpaper making its ugly appearance again.

He gave me a half-amused look. "Why méli, so insulting. Am I that intimidating that you avoid me like plaque? I thought that was the least you could do for me." He joked, shooting me a half-lopsided grin.

My breath hitched.

I shook my fuzzy mind, reminding myself not to fall for another guy like Ethan again. Clearing my throat, I made sure that all sign of my weakness was gone before I spoke.

"Well, Papa had always told me about the importance of replaying someone's kindness." I started. He interrupted before I could finish.

"I'll take that as a yes?"

I rolled my eyes. All these proud men. Nevertheless, I nodded my head. He gave me a wide smirk.

"Alright, I'll let my driver, Giovanni, send you home."

One hour later, I was cursing my ass off. I just realized I had nowhere to go, my penthouse was definitely not a choice, and Ethan could be there for all I know. Oh and that reminds me to remove the contract of the penthouse. I did not want that bastard to linger around the property that I had also a share in it.

In the end, I decided to stay in a hotel for the mean time. Then it occurred to me that all my credit cards and belongings were still in the penthouse. This time, I cursed hard and long, something I would not have done in the past, something the old shy me would rather die than do.

I reminded myself that I am not the old me anymore, from the moment those two cheated on me, I was a changed person.

After giving Giovanni the address to my penthouse, we arrived there after a good thirty minutes or so. I rushed off into the building after asking Giovanni to wait abit. As I took the lift up, I pondered what I should say if I happen to bang into Nicola. The lift signalled its arrival on the floor.

I checked the corridors before entering the code into my penthouse. Cool air greeted me as I walked into the spacious dining hall. Bitter memories washed over me. Grabbing some boxes, I started dumping all the necessary things that could last me for at least a week. I could come back and collect the rest some other time. For now, I could survive.

Upon packing my stuff, I walked out without another backwards glance. I was relieved that Giovanni was waiting for me at the basement of the building, ready to offer some help in carrying my heavy boxes. He did not question about anything, which I was grateful for.

I asked him to drive me to one of the hotels own by my family. The receptionist recognized me immediately and greeted me pleasantly. After telling her that I need to book into the hotel, the blonde lady immediately admitted me to the highest VIP penthouse in the 90th for so floor hotel.

I laughed; I have never thought that I would one day need a stay at my family owned hotels. Naively thinking that I would live happily ever after with Ethan in that cozy penthouse of ours.

A bellboy escorted me to the penthouse. "Miss Rodriegz, if you need anything, please do not hesitate to call the hotel service.'' I thanked and smiled at him kindly. He bowed slightly before scurrying off.

I placed all the boxes in the huge bedroom, planning to unpack them later. First, I need a well-deserved nap on the extremely welcoming king-sized. The day's events wore me out. I fell on the soft mattress and my eyelids became slowly.

The last thing on my mind was that Marco prick did not return me my clothes from the night at the bar. 

___________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Heyyo readers!

I know I know, this is rly short, its kinda like a touch up only haha! I promised the next chap will be longer:) Anyways, r y'all excited for the ball? Well, I'm am at least. Hint: Nicolo will appear in the ball, wait did I smell jealousy and tension? A hell lot of em! Stay tune! 

Love y'all!

devulaa

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!