Invitation

"I realized I was thinking of you and I began to wonder how long you've been on my mind. Then it occurred to me: since I met you, you've never left."

-Unknown

____________________________________________________________________________

Marco's POV

"Isabella, why don't you join me for breakfast? I'm quite sure you're starving by now." I offered pleasantly.

She shuddered.

Was she cold? I doubted so, in this hot weather. I mused silently.

Honestly, I didn't want to let her go just yet. She was, well, different from the other women I have met. Or rather fucked.

She looked at me, contemplating the offer for a moment before frowning, her delicate brows pulled into a knot.

"Bella would do, thank you. I think I'd better get going. I still have plenty of things to tend to, back at home, Mister Pallos. Or should I call you Marco?" She inserted smoothly.

However, I did not miss the way she uttered the two words; "at home". Like she was spitting out venom.

"Tsk tsk, I saved you yesterday and you refused to even have a simple meal with me? My, am I hurt." I taunted dramatically.

She glared at me furiously. If looks could kill, I would have been dead ten over times now.

I purposefully appeared unfazed by it.

Fuck, that was a huge blow to my ego; no women have refused me before. Humans of the opposite sex have always begged me to take them just for one night.

And this doe-eyed beauty here was politely declining to a breakfast with me.

I left her standing dumbfounded in the room, giving her some time to change out of her nightwear.

Bella's POV

I glanced up briefly at the exasperating man sitting at the other end of the dining table. He was calmly sipping on his coffee while flipping through the newspapers. He has practically forced me into having breakfast with him.

Arrogant prick. I mentally cursed in my head.

This was when I fully had the chance to inspected how sharp his features were. He dark brown, almost black hair, was thick and lustrous; I ached to run my hands over it. His eyes were a mesmerizing pool of silver, flecks of blue light performed ballets throughout. Five o'clock shadow framing his jawline, which looked as though as it was molded from granite.

I didn't realized that I was shamelessly checking him out until he suddenly looked up.

"Enjoying what you see?" He smirked like it was the best thing that he could caught me doing.

I swallowed the waffles with much more difficulty than expected.

"You wished." I muttered incoherently, giving him an irritated look.

He chuckled and returned to reading the damn newspapers.

After what seemed like the longest while, I stood up, letting my napkin fall back on my knees.

"I'm done, I should be going now. Thank you for everything, Marco. I really appreciated it." I said with sincerity. 

He looked at me intently, as if he was thinking about something.

"Don't you think you should do me another favor to show your appreciation?" He asked, taking his chin between his fingers and rubbed it.

"I beg your pardon?"

I was confused; what could I do for him?

"You see, I'm invited to a charity event tomorrow and I don't particularly have a date in mind until now." He paused and looked at me.

"I was thinking that you could be my date next week." He finished.

My heart galloped furiously, for some unknown reason. I looked straight into his eyes and knew he was not kidding this time. 

Those expressive silver orbs were daring me to take up the challenge.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Heyyo my dear readers,

I'm bck !! Sorry for the late update and for y'all to wait so long for this :( But I'll try my best to update asap! Enjoy!

Kisses,

devulaa x

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT !!