Chapter One

“Prince Corey will be choosing one of you to be his bride,” The sound of her high heels made me want to vomit. I know none of the other girls. They don’t know me. She looks at us, discuss on her face, “If it was up to me, I would be choosing a prince to marry,” Her name is Princess Trina Riffin. She’s the most evil girl in the whole kingdom, “But it’s not how this works. My brother will choose one of you ugly girls,” She stopped walking and glared at all of us, “But it’s not going to be easy,” Minutes later we were free to go. Several servants brought us all too where we would be staying. The rooms were huge and I was amazed. Being poor for most of my life, I had never seen anything like this. There were four beds, which meant I would be sharing a room with three other people. That was fine with me. Several bags lay on the beds. I saw mine in the corner. I took my bag and pulled it off the bed. I didn’t own much, but what I had was kind of heavy.

“You must be one of my roommates. I hope you’re not a loser,” I heard from behind me. I turned to see a girl standing near the door, her arms crossed. I didn’t know what to do. Did I smile at her or say hi? She rolled her eyes, “Name’s Carrie Beff,” She said as she walked over and held out her hand, “You are?”

“Laney,” I spoke as I shook her hand, “Laney Penn,” She took her hand back quickly.

“Listen, Laney Penn,” She started, “I’m not in this because I like Corey,” I frowned, “Actually, ignore that last sentence. I’m more in this for the title then the boy,” She got her things off the bed, “So stay out of my way and we’ll be great friends,” I frowned as she pulled her bag to the closet, “And, we all will get one fourth of the closet, just to be fair,” I already didn’t like Carrie Beff.

“Wow cool!” We both turned to see two girls standing at the doorway. They looked slightly alike. They allowed the door to slam behind them as they walked deeper into the room. This was the start of a long year.

                Corey Riffin, Prince of Peaceville. Every girl you came across had a crush on Corey. Every boy you came across had a crush on Trina[except this guy name Nick]. I wish I could say that I was different, but I cannot. I love the prince like half the girls in the kingdom do. Unlike half the girls, I have actually met the prince before. It wasn’t too big of a deal and he probably doesn’t remember anyways.

                The first day came to soon. Several servants came from all across the castle to help us get ready to meet Prince Corey. Carrie actually seemed excited to meet him. Every girl, even me, was wearing a dress. I had persuaded my servant to let me wear a normal outfit under my dress so I could quickly get out of the outfit. We all were sent to a room the royal family ate in. This is when everything started to go downhill. We all took our seats and one girl fell. Trina laughed as Corey looked a bit worried. I was nervous. The queen and king gave each other looks as the girl got up, embarrassed. She wouldn’t last long here. I looked at Carrie who was smirking, something shinning in her hand. My eyes widened as I realized what had just happened. A servant helped the girl out and breakfast began.

                Nothing went wrong the rest of the time we were in that room. We all went to our rooms. Today the Prince would be spending time with each of us. I kind of hoped I was one of them. As soon as I got into the room, I asked Kim to help me get the dress off. She did. Carrie was looking at her many outfits. I automatically knew she was planning something. Someone knocked on the door and Konnie got it. A servant was at the door.

“Laney Penn will be the first to see Prince Corey,” My eyes widened and the others seemed to be shocked as well.

“Okay,” I told him, suddenly nervous, “I’m coming,” The servant took me down the hallway. I studied my way to where we were going so I wouldn’t have to rely on servants all the time. The servant stopped and knocked on a door.

“Prince Corey, it’s me,”

“Come in!” A voice called, “We’re decent,” I was a bit shocked. There were more than just him in that room? When I entered, I noticed I was the only girl. Two boys sat at a table with Corey, doing something on a piece of paper.

“I’ll leave Miss Penn with you three,” They looked up at me and Corey actually smiled.

“Come take a seat,” I took my place next to him to see that the three were playing an intense game of tick tack toe; three player tick tack toe at that, “Hurry Kin!” Corey whined as the smaller boy took his time to make his turn. He drew a quarter note in a empty square. He looked pretty proud of his self.

“Your turn bro,” The other boy made a choice really quick. Their game was quickly finished, Kin winning.

“Awe!” Corey complained, “I wanted to win this time,” Kin smirked, proud of his self.

“I’m the best!” Corey then turned to me and held out his hand.

“Nice to meet you Laney Penn,”