Chapter Six

• Dedicated to Someone Important To Me

When we got back inside, the hallways were pretty empty.

"Dinner should be soon," Larry told me, "I think by now you and Carrie are the only ones left," He looked at me, "If something happens, come and find me. We'll head home," I nodded as he smiled at me. He looked like he was thinking about something, but then he seemed to decide against something, "Bye Laney," I waved bye to him. When I turned to go to my room, I gasped as I noticed that someone was next to me.

"C-Core!" I backed up a little as I blushed, "What are you doing here?" Corey smiled at me.

"Kim and Konnie wanted to see you before they leave," My face went back to it's normal color as I frowned.

"Okay,"

----

Carrie seemed to happy about her friends leaving when I got into the room. Kim and Konnie looked really upset to have to go. I was upset as well, but the tears wouldn't come. I hugged Kim.

"We'll see each other again," I promised, "And you and Kin will be together," She started to cry again. I let her go and gave Konnie a quick hug, "It was nice to meet you," She smiled.

"Same Laney," Carrie rolled her eyes. She had already said her good byes. Kin and Kon were in the room as well. Kin looked really upset and Kon looked like he was trying not to show that he was upset. Kin stepped forward and Kim walked over to him. They hugged one last time before a guard showed the twins out.

---

Now it was just Carrie, a couple other girls, and I left competing for Corey. My heart started to race at the thought; Larry's words still rang through my head. I couldn't win. Carrie had to win for some reason unknown to me. Even though my brother might actually have feelings for her.

----

A note appeared on my door one morning, addressed to me. By this time, Carrie had already left the room .She had started to leave earlier for some reason. It was getting close to the last three left. There were only four of us now. I looked at the note and read over it about five to seven times to make sure it was real. Corey wanted to hang out with me today. I got ready to go meet him at the entrance. I didn't have to wait for long before we left the castle.

The last time I had been out was the day I found out that Kim and Konnie were leaving. It seemed like only yesterday, but it had been a couple weeks. That day was an emotional rollercoaster.

"It's been a while since you've been out, hasn't it?"Corey asked. I nodded.

"Have you taken the other three outside?" I asked. Corey shook his head no.

"Not really. I don't really hang out with them," I looked at him, surprised. He was suppose to be picking out his wife. Wouldn't he need to spend time with them? We continued to walk together, "I've been meaning to ask you something," He said, "What's up with you and Larry?" My heart started to race. What was I suppose to answer? I was told by Larry not to tell.

"Uh, nothing," I responded. I couldn't think of a time Corey had seen me and my brother together other than the day I found out that he is my brother. Corey frowned.

"Everyone seems to like Larry," He continued, "I don't see what's so great about him. Even my mother likes him more than me," I like you more. I decided to keep my thoughts inside. Corey stopped walking and looked at me. I stopped as well and looked back at him, "Lanes, there's something going on and I don't know what it is, but he's involved," I hoped I didn't seem like I knew something.

"I don't know," I responded, "Like I said, nothing was going on," He slightly smiled.

"I have something to admit," Corey took a deep breath, "I don't like Carrie at all and if I had a choice, she would have been the first to leave," I laughed.

"I don't like her either," I responded, "Never have, never will," The thought to actually tell him crossed my mind. I tried to get rid of it.

"Hey Lanes?" He spoke again, "Can you keep a secret?" I nodded. Corey looked nervous as he spoke, "Carrie's parents are holding something close to my parents for ransom. That's why Carrie has to win," My eyes widened. Corey looked ashamed, "It's something important to another kingdom as well, but that's all I know," Before I could think, the words came out.

"I'm not who you think I am," I covered my mouth with my hand. Corey looked at me, surprised.

"What are you talking about?" I sighed as I placed my hand back at my side.

"I'm the missing Princess of the Newman Kingdom,"