The Lost Lovers Part 6

Authors Note: This is the first draft and is raw at the moment - when I have completed all Parts I will start the editing process. (All critiques welcome) 

Lavinia put down her pen; she didn't want to write anymore, the more she wrote the closer she felt to her memories, visions of the life she believed she had lost, incarcerated in her mind and as she glanced at her bedroom walls covered with her drawings she knew it was time to stop, to give her heart a break before it was broken completely.

Lavinia had promised Doctor Charlton that she would post him the letter before each session, so she delicately placed her words into an envelope. 

She slipped the letter into her back, jeans pocket and as quietly as she could made her way downstairs. Of course, Anna's bat like hearing prevented Lavinia from getting further than the downstairs hallway without raising the alarm.

"Andy and Sam have phoned," said Anna her face stern she stared at Lavinia waiting for her response but Lavinia gave her nothing but a half smile.

"They're coming home in two weeks just for the weekend, to pick up the rest of their things. I want you to go with them, just for a visit, just take a look at their life...for me." Pleaded Anna.

Lavinia glanced over her shoulder and looked for George, but from the expression on his face, she knew she wouldn't get any help from him. 

Lavinia just nodded signaling that she would think about it and pushed past Anna and George and made her way to the front door attempting to escape further interrogation.

Anna opened her mouth and reached out as if to stopped her, but said nothing and stayed frozen to her spot, George later congratulated her for her self-control.

The brisk walk to Doctor Charlton's office made a refreshing change for Lavinia and although lost in her thoughts she enjoyed the feeling of the September winds on her face and as her mass of red hair tumbled around her in the breeze she pulled her hood up to hide it from her view.

It was just after six, and she planned on posting her letter through the door of his office and walking home, hoping that Anna and George would be satisfied by her nonanswer regarding Chichester prompting them to leave her alone for the rest of the evening. 

As she bent down and pulled the letter from her jeans pocket she heard a key turn in the wooden door and Doctor Charlton was stood in front of her looking scruffy, disheveled and handsome as ever.

"Oh, hello Lavinia, I'm glad to see you stick to your promises." Doctor Charlton smiled at Lavinia taking her back for a moment. He pushed his scruffy black hair away from his eyes smiling again, Lavinia couldn't help studying him more intensely than was perhaps appropriate. 

But seeing her therapist out of his office was like seeing a teacher out of school, you had to admit they were people too.

"Hello, Doctor Charlton." Lavinia was not ready to do the small talk thing, she wasn't a small talk kind of girl, she had prepared herself to dump the letter and leave, she had not prepared herself for chit chat to Doctor C about the weather and what they were having for dinner.

 She forced a smile on her face remembering that the Doc was a human who was in life thanks to Anna's near sketchbook bonfire, she couldn't be mean to this one.

"March please."Doctor Charlton beamed at her while he pushed his glasses away from his nose, something he seemed to do often Lavinia mused.

"I can't call you that." Lavinia laughed and choked in one spectaular movement. 

"Why?" Doctor Charlton raised his thick dark eyebrows.

"Because it's ridiculous," smirked Lavinia.