Chapter 1: The Move

(Natasha's POV.)

"MOM YOU DID WHAT!!!!" I hear Halle screaming form the other room causing me to wake up. "NO MOM YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME! THINK ABOUT ALL WE WILL BE LEAVING BEHIND! OUR FRIENDS OUR FAMILY. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE I CAN SIT ON THE CORNER AND PLAY MY GUITAR AND MAKE MONEY!!!" the screaming was too loud and it was keeping me up so I went to go see what the commotion was about. When I enter Halle's room I see Halle and Mami in each others face arguing. Me being the peace keeper in the house I interrupt their arguing. "OKAY OKAY WHATS GOING ON!!?" I scream over the both of them. "TASH SHE'S MOVING US OUT OF NEW YORK!" that's when I froze I didn't know what to do or what to say. I was shocked like why didn't we know till now. "Halle calm down so we can talk about it okay?" I said in a calm tone. "Okay..." I could tell she didn't really want to tell me how she felt about it but if I don't ask she will just keep it balled up inside I'm the only one she'll open up too. "Lets go to my room so we can talk okay come on." I said grabbing her hand leading her to my room.

After I lock the door so we don't have any interruptions I go to sit beside Halle on my bed. "Halle talk to me why do you feel so upset about it? Try looking at the bright side of things this could be a new start." "I'M SO UPSET ABOUT THIS BECAUSE WE'LL BE LEAVING EVERYTHING BEHIND I ALREADY HAD A SPONSOR BUT NO MAMI HAS TO GO AN RUIN MY CHANCES AT THAT!" "You still have a chance at the new place where ever that may be but if they really want to sponsor you then they'll still sponsor you where ever you live." "I really hope so but I'm scared what if people don't like me how would I show my face anywhere." "Then how about this." I say as I get up and walk to my closet pulling out a box with a black bat like mask and brought it over to her. "Oh My Gosh I love it!" she says jumping up and hugging me. "I knew you would." "Thank you but where did you get this why do you have this?" "Halle chill one question at a time." "Okay where did you get this?" "I got this at that costume store around the corner." "Coolz really? Okay then why do you have it and why is it brand new?" "I have it because I was supposed to go to a costume party with Justin a few months back but he bailed on me last minute for Morgan. That's why its brand new because I never got to use it." "Oh damn sorry that sucks what an ass." "Yea but the past is the past so its whatever."

As we continued to talk there was a knock at the door then a voice. "Girls come on you need to start packing now we leave at midnight." "Aight!" we say in unison. "Only pack your necessities like clothes, pictures, books, games, music, movies and nicknack. The new house is already furnished with the right bedding set and everything." "Aight!" we say again as mom walks away. "Tash when did she have time to do all that without us knowing?" "You know what good question I really don't know to be honest." "Creepy." we say in unison. "You know what we do that way too often." she said as she looked at me. "Yea we really do." "Yea well I'm going to go start packing I'd prefer not to hear her mouth again for the night." "Okay I'm going to do the same see you later." I say as she leaves me alone in my room.

(Halle's POV.)

I left Tasha in her room to pack but instead of packing right away I sit in my room listening to music and drawing different outfits that I plan to make after we move. "Tasha would like this outfit." I say to myself as I finish drawing a black dress with flowers all over it. That's when I decided to pack. I pack faster than anyone and ended up packing everything in an hour and a half. I only left out my sketch book and a box of color pencils. I sit there drawing whatever pops into my head. I end up drawing a random girl. The girl looked about my age with medium length chestnut hair, green eyes, a golden completion, perfectly arched eyebrows and a nice figure. Right before I finish my drawing Tasha comes in to talk to me.

(Natasha's POV.)

It only take me about three hours to pack everything but I got it done with half an hour till midnight. I decided to go talk to Halle. "Hey your done right?" I say as I enter her room. "Yea sup?" she said as she looked up from her drawing. "Oh nothing much I was just wondering like what are you going to call yourself since you're going to wear a mask?" "Oh um to be honest I really don't know yet." she said as she continued to draw. "Oh well do you at least have any ideas?" "Umm...? I don't think so all I know is that I want the word mask in the name." she said not looking up. "Oh okay cool. Sounds interesting want me to help you brainstorm?" "Yes!" she said placing her stuff down and patting the space beside her for me to sit.