preface

2010

"Ian let go of my hand" Jessie giggles as Ian pulled her along the street, which was abandoned except for the odd car.

The rain was pouring down as Ian tried restlessly to pull Jessie along. Ian was desperate to get to the surprise he had been planning for her all week, he also wanted to get out of the rain, as his hair was beginning to flatten out.

Ian had surprised himself by keeping the surprise to himself and not telling Jessie anything. She can be quiet nosey anyway so keeping phone calls and emails away from her can be quiet impossible.

Ian pulled Jessie through a big archway covered in roses then stopped, he spun her towards him, stepped behind her and put his hands over her eyes.

"Do you really need to do this?" Jessie asked

"Yes" Ian replied and started to move her forwards a few steps.

Suddenly stopping again, Ian moved Jessie to the right slightly then removed his hands.

Jessie's hand went straight to her mouth with a little gasp.

Turning to take in the whole scene before her, Jessie noticed the little white chairs and table with flowers all over. She also noticed the fairy lights everywhere and the two personal waiters.

"Oh my god it's beautiful" Jessie says as she turns to Ian and jumps at him, wrapping both her arms around his neck.

"Happy one year anniversary" Ian smiled as he kissed Jessie.