Evil Angel

--Destanee's POV--

I get to the location and there is a song playing that I recognize. "Rock Me" huh. Funny. I walk in to the party, obviously not sticking out. I had brought a bag with me, and just before I got to the door I stepped off to the side and switched my running clothes and shoes for a form fitting dress and a pair of knee high boots that are perfect for concealing my switchblade. My brunette hair, I pull out of a ponytail and I just let it cascade down to the middle of my back. My gun is still in its holster, concealed by the dress, the skirt is the only part that's not form fitting, just for the reason of concealing my gun. My bag is hidden outside. My phone is in my bra, but on silent. Yeah, yeah laugh! Its convenient when you don't have pockets or a purse!

As soon as I get inside, I spot an old friend of mine.

"Destanee!" she says, clearly drunk.

"Elayna!" I say, hugging her

"Why are you here?" She asks

"Just to get out" I say

That's when I spot him. Agent Miller. Why the hell is he here? Probably to watch over me. Or see what I have going on. Then I see my target.

"Excuse me Elayna." I say walking to my target, god I hate that I have to act slutty to get some people's attention. Maybe, hopefully, not this time.

"Oh so you are Destanee" my target says as I approach him

"Dawson. Destanee Dawson." I say

"Very pretty name for a very pretty young woman" he says, oh god. Sexist asshole.

"Thank you, sir." I say, keeping my tone polite.

"Can we go out back?" he says

I nod and we head out back, as soon as we get out there is when I have to put my training to use. He pins me against the wall, hand on my throat. I kick, going for his stomach, but get his nuts. Not what I was hoping for, but close enough! He releases me and I fall as he says "I knew it! You are Agent Dawson's kid!" with that I kick him sending him into the wall. I put my hand at his throat and say "My father is a foreigner to me!" just before throwing him to the floor, managing to hit his head, but not seriously injure him. He jumps to his feet and pulls a gun and I am frozen in my place feeling for mine, realizing its not there.

"Looking for this?" he says, holding up my holster.

"Give it back!" I cry

I run towards him, but miss him and trip over a pump to the pool, I would have caught my balance if he hadn't shoved me at the last moment.

"Agent Miller!" I try to cry before I hit the water, but only manage "Agent Mil-" before I am cut off. The person I was fighting against hits the button to the cover for the pool and I scream trying to get out before it could cover, but miss it. I'm trapped! This can't be happening! I hit the top, holding my breath as much as I can, my lungs feeling like they are on fire, afraid to breathe. At the last second, letting go of my breathe I scream out for Agent Miller, knowing he must have seen it all. I look around me to see just how deep the pool is and... fuck! Its 13 feet deep! How that got allowed, I don't know. Giving up, I let myself slip under the water, not knowing whether or not Agent Miller heard me. Meh, oh well.

--Brody's POV--

I knew that Destanee had something planned just by the way she acted. I followed her, knowing something was bound to happen. I saw the man leading out to the back, but barely got out there just as he pushed Destanee into the pool.

"Agent Mil-" I hear her scream and then the water. She must have fully fallen in. I run towards her, looking for her just as the man says "There's no point to trying." Ignoring him, I run to the edge of the pool looking for any sign of Destanee, well her hands hitting the cover just as I hear "Agent Miller!" from underneath and scramble to find a way to help her. The man, seeing my concern, says "Awww you've gone soft." I keep listening for Destanee, hearing her hit the cover, as I pin the man against the wall and say "Pull back the cover!" He shakes his head and just laughs at me. I listen again for Destanee, but hear nothing. I shoot the man, taking care of what Destanee couldn't and run to the control panel and quickly withdraw the cover, only to find Destanee barely breathing, her hands floating above her, as if she had surrendered. I jump in after her. Holy damn this is cold! I catch Destanee and pull her back to the top, damn this is deep. I get her out of the water, setting her on the grass, before pulling myself out of the water and start CPR.

"No. Destanee. No!" I say after about 3 times of doing CPR. She coughs up water about a few minutes later, turning to the side, her breathing jagged.

"Destanee?" I say worried

"Im fine" she says

"You're shivering."

"Im just cold"

"Come on" I pick her up and she just smiles up at me.

"What?" I say

"Nothing" she says, still smiling at me.

--10 minutes later--

I had gotten Destanee's back pack from where she had hid it and had her change of clothes, pulling her hair back into a braid. What? I can braid, so what? It's not like it's a bad thing. She had asked to use my phone since hers was doused in water. She is sitting in front of me talking to her mother reassuring her.

"No mom, im fine. I swear." She says, pauses then says, almost sounding bashful, "If Agent Miller hadn't followed me I most likely wouldn't be coming home mom." Before falling quiet, listening to her mom.

Honestly, this is too dangerous a job for someone like Destanee. I will do everything in my power to keep her safe...

---A/N---

Sorry guys! The person that I had been writing the story with is gone for 6 months at ROTC, I will still be writing and updating to where we left off, but after I get to that point I might have to stop until he returns home. Sorry!!