"What were you doing?"

--BRODY'S POV--

I have her file in my hand and I keep reading it over hoping for some sort of change. But the words keep looking back at me.

Name: Destanee Marie Dawson

Age: 17

State: Nevada

Father: Lieutenant Dawson

Case Overview: Destanee has been training to be an agent since she was 11 years old, only a high level agent can handle this tough girl. Ring her in, do whatever it takes. Good luck agent.

"Damn it!" I cuss, throwing the case across the desk, on to the floor. I look up at the wall then back, when something on the door catches my eye. I walk over and grab it, reading it:

Agent Miller,

It starts out

I know you are an agent and I am an agents daughter training to be an agent but, in the short time I have known you I think I have fallen for you. It might just be me, but I had to get it out there and couldn't think of how else to do it.

Sincerely,

Junior Agent D. Dawson

She likes me? That is impossible! She just met me! How can she like me? I look back at her file on the floor where I threw it and find a paper she'd written when she was little.

Daddy,

Please come home. Little Dessy Wessy misses you. I am scared daddy. Please please please please please come home.

- Little Dessy

So Dessy is her nickname? Begging her father to come home is the cutest darn thing ever. How old was she, 5?

I walk downstairs and find Destanee, the chief and her mother waiting for me.

"Sir?" I say

"Agent Miller" Chief Says

"No disrespect sir, but why are the Dawson's here?" I say

"Lieutenant Dawson went rogue, so we need to relocate his wife and daughter. Are you okay with them staying with you?"

"Of course"

My phone goes off with a text from my sister Jessica.

From: Jess

Hey Brody. Need your help, you game?

Could she have found Lieutenant Dawson?

To: Jess

'Course, when and where?

She sends me the time and location and as soon as Destanee and Mrs. Dawson are settled, I take off in my truck to help Jess.

--Destanee's POV--

I hear Agent Miller's truck pull out so I decide to investigate a little. I get up from my bed that I was laying in and walk around the house. When I get to Agent Miller's office I notice the door is open and walk inside. I notice a file on the desk and am about to walk away when the name on the file catches my eye.

Destanee M. Dawson

My file? He wouldn't just leave this around... I sit down and realize he had notes written.

Agent: Brody Miller

Charge: Destanee Marie Dawson

Notes: Destanee is very active and knows more then expected.

Risk: I do not feel Ms. Dawson is a risk at this time.

Sign off: Brody E. Miller

I read on, and I guess I become so focused I don't notice when Agent Miller returns.

"Destanee, what are you doing?" I hear behind me

"Oh- Agent Miller, Um..." I stutter

"What. Were. You. Doing?" Agent Miller is obviously upset with me

"I was just- um" I say

Uh oh. How do I get myself out of this?!

--A/N--

Please bare with me!! Ahh!!

Sorry this is a stupid filler. I felt I needed to lead up to the next chapter.