Chapter 5: Phoenix

Thank you for reading and enjoy the chapter (:

Phoenix's Pov:
This was my last day working at my second job. It was finally Friday and I was ready for the weekend. I didn't even want to be there for one more day, but I made a commitment and I needed to follow through.

I did my usual morning routine and got to work early. I was sure the boss knew I was going to quit soon. Because I was a nice person, I'd finish up the week like I promised and quit at the end of the day.

I got there and started on the first customer that was sitting there. A man who was about thirty and had both of his arms covered in tattoos. It was costumers like this that I appreciated. I didn't like doing first tattoos, that was a lot of pressure on me. Don't even get me started on the ones who are over dramatic and act like they didn't know a tattoo involves needles. I rolled my eyes at the thought, I've had paper cuts that hurt worse.

The man wanted me to add on to a tattoo already on his back. It was along his shoulder blades and it was an array of vines, names and dates. I asked him about it and he told me the names were his nieces and nephews, and the dates they were born. It was beautiful, the artist that did it was extremely talented. It was probably one of the biggest tattoos I had ever done personally. It took a little over an hour to add on what he wanted. He thanked me and it looked like he left satisfied.

I continued this pattern throughout the day, I had a few more hours left to go. The shop had been pretty quiet for the past hour or so. I heard the bell ring, signaling another costumer. I turned around and came face to face with a familiar red head.

"Scarlett?" I was shocked to see here, from what I could see she didn't have any tattoos.

"Hi Phoenix. You work here?" She asked.

I nodded, "Yeah. What can I do for you." I looked at the clipboard, and it turns out, there was an appointment for four that I must have overlooked.

"I have an appointment." She informed me.

"I'm shocked, I didn't think you would be the tattoo type." I said.

She frowned for a moment, "What type do I look like then?" My type.

"I didn't mean to offend you Scarlett. I just don't see any tattoos on you and you look young, so I just assumed." I rushed out.

She giggled and waved me off. "I don't have any tattoos. This will be my first." She said while taking off her grey sweatshirt, revealing a black tank top.

"Well, what can I do for you?" I asked, sitting down on my bar stool.

She gave me a sketch of a beautifully drawn dream catcher, it stretched along her shoulder blades, down to her tailbone. It was very detailed and it was going to take a little time. "I'm sorry if it's a bad sketch. This is sort of on a whim and I wanted it specific." She said apologetically.

I shook my head "No, this is actually really well done. You draw?" I wondered while getting some supplies together.

 "Not much anymore, but I used to." She informed me.

"You want this on your back, right?" I clarified. She nodded. "Okay, take your shirt off and come sit here, face first." I told her while patting the back of the chair.

She looked nervous for a second and then it was like a light bulb went off in her head. She whipped her tank top off in one go, to reveal a lacy black bra. I was momentarily stunned and just stared. She was beautiful in every way. The dip in her waist and the curve on her breasts. She was going to give me a heart attack before this was over.