Chapter 8: Scarlett

Thank you for reading and enjoy the chapter (:

Scarlett's Pov:
Holy shit.

Phoenix almost kissed me. Phoenix and I almost kissed. I was nearly hyperventilating. He was so close. To think a few hours ago, I didn't even think I would see him again unless it was a friendly wave when we got the mail.

My brother was looking at me like I had gone crazy. As much as I wanted to sit here a think about Phoenix and his lips, I needed to explain to Josh what happened tonight. I remembered almost everything. After my face met the wall it is a little blurry, but I remember the important parts.

I couldn't believe that man did to me. I was still kinda shook up and I didn't want to talk to the police. But if I were to let him go and walk the streets, one girl might not get so lucky. I would never forgive myself and I wouldn't feel safe considering I now have a job in that area. He may not have done what he was looking to do, but this may not be the first time he's done it and it may not be the last time he tries.

After explaining to Josh what happened, he with literally shaking. I could feel the anger rolling off of him in waves. "That low life sack of shit! Where is he?! I'll show him what it's like to be a real man!" He yelled while walking to the door.

"Josh! Please stay here. I want you here when I have to tell the police." I asked him in the most innocent voice I could muster. He sighed and walked back over to the bed. I knew he would fuck up his whole future for me, I really didn't think that was a good thing. He had his life to live, that did not include assault charges. 

"Do you plan on telling mom and dad?" He asked after he calmed down.

"Honestly, I'm not sure yet. I feel like they deserve to know, but I really don't want to tell them." 

He nodded. He turned to face the door and a wicked smirk came over his features. "Was that Phoenix?"

I nodded with a small smile.

He whistled "Even as a straight man, with a beautiful girlfriend that I love, even I can say you know how to pick em Scar." He said.

I just laughed "Yeah, he certainly is a looker." He looked at me weirdly. Pointing from me to the door that Phoenix is currently on the other side of.

"What was going on here when I walked in?" A shit-eating grin overcame his features.

"Nothing that you need to worry about." I retorted.

I didn't want to tell him about the kiss until there was a kiss to tell him about. Who knows, maybe he had changed his mind. Maybe he regretted saying the things he said. Maybe he just got caught up in the moment, in his feelings.

Man, the things he said before leaning in set my blood on fire.

"My God, your face is as red as your hair!" Josh laughed. "What did I interrupt?"

"There's nothing to tell Josh." I insisted before taking a drink of water.

There was a knock on the door and a young nurse walked in with a smile. "Hello Scarlett, It's nice to see your awake. My name is Beth and I will be monitoring you." She walked over and checked my vitals quickly before turning to my brother.

"Visiting hours end in about 15 minutes. You guys are going to have to finish up." She said apologetically.

"Your boyfriend has been waiting here for hours for you to wake up. He's a keeper." She said with a grin.

I gaped at her "Boyfriend?"

She nodded "Yeah that handsome man with the tattoos. He said he was your boyfriend."