Chapter 35: Phoenix

Epilogue. Thank you so much for every single person who has read and who will read this in the future. I appreciate every vote and ounce of feedback I have gotten or will get. This is my first story to be started and completed, I believe I have grown a lot and my future stories will be a lot different. But I couldn't be more proud of this story and the development it helped me achieve.

One last time.

Phoenix's Pov:
~15 years later~
"Daddy!" I smiled as I heard the cheerful voice of my little girl.

I turned around and caught sight of her curly red hair. I held out my arms and lifted her up as she ran to me. "Hey, Rosie!" I kissed her forehead and looked into her big blue eyes. "Where's your mommy?"

She pointed towards the door. "She was getting groceries out of the car. She told me to tell you to help." She giggled.

I chuckled and set her down. "Go play with your toys I'll be back in a minute." She skipped over to her play area and plopped on her butt before grabbing her blocks.

I walked out and saw Scarlett getting some bags out of the car. I walked up behind her and grabbed her waist. She yelped and stood straight. "Very funny."

"I thought so." I kissed the back of her head and grabbed the bags out of her hand. She turned around and I planted a kiss on her lips. "Hello, wife." It felt like the best feeling in the world to say that.

"You're never going to get over the fact that we're married now are you?" She laughed. She wrapped her arms around my neck. "That's okay, I don't think I will either."

"How was yours and Rose's day?" I asked as she grabbed the rest of the bags and began to follow me inside.

"It was good, I think Rose has a little crush on a kid in her class." She giggled.

I set the bags on the counter and turned to her. "She better not. She's seven Scar, there will be no dating for ten more years." I said firmly.

A small smile graced her face. "I don't think it's anything to worry about."

"It better not be." I grumbled and she laughed as we began to unload bags.

****

"Goodnight, ladybug." I whispered.

"Goodnight, daddy, I love you." She said sleepily.

"I love you too, sweetie." I turned out the light and closed her door as quietly as I could. I walked down the hallway to mine and Scarlett's room.

About five years after we moved in together officially, we decided it was time to get a house. We decided we wanted some more privacy and room.

Scarlett ended up going to art school and got a 4 year degree. She teaches at Rose's school, which is extremely convenient. I went to school at the same time she did and got a degree in mechanical engineering.

Scarlett ended up getting pregnant 3 years after school ended. It was easily the most terrifying thing I had ever experienced. We weren't trying to have a child so it was shock. But as the shock wore off, and we went and saw the first ultrasound, I knew it was going to be the best thing that could ever happen to us.

Scarlett's parents were about a half hour drive from the house. As time went on, their relationship grew and they talked to each other on a daily basis. They adored little Rosie, she spends every other weekend with them and loves every second she spends there.