Chapter 2- Finding more than a job

The next morning...

I wake up to the sound of my alarm and roll over to turn it off. When I get out of bed I see that Lola is laying at the end of it seeming to have settled down after what happened last night. I make my way into my bathroom to take my shower and get ready.

After I'm done with my shower I get a towel, wrap it around my body, look in the mirror and try to tame my long brown curly hair.

Once I'm done with my hair and makeup I get dressed and go into the kitchen to feed Lola and make myself some breakfast before I leave.

When I get to the job center I notice that there isn't many people here so it should take no time for me to apply for a job. I walk into a lobby and find a receptionist looking down at computer screen and making notes.

"Um excuse me, hi I'm Tatiana Thumbtzen. I'm here to apply for a job" I say nervously waiting for her to acknowledge me. She looks at me with an irritated look on her face and hands me an application paper. "Fill this out throughly and bring it back when your done" she says, handing me the paper with out looking.

I make my way across the office and take a seat in one of the chairs. As I'm taking my seat I notice a man sitting across from me reading a magazine. He has black curly hair, light brown skin, the dreamiest eyes, and a red button down shirt with black slacks and black penny loafers on.

Sexy... No stop it Tatiana, you can't be doing this right now! I think trying to focus.

About half way through filling out my application, I have the feeling that someone is watching me. I look up to see the man looking dead at me with a warm look in his eyes. He gives me a slight smile and looks back down at his magazine.

I instantly feel my cheeks burn up at the thought of what I just witnessed, his face, all his handsome but at the time gorgeous features. I hurry to finish my application so I can turn it in.

As I'm waking back to the receptionist desk I suddenly smell a mixture of mint and cologne. At that very moment I realize that it's the man I was sitting across from. I remember his scent. Mmmm, he smells SO good.

While the woman is going over my application, I find myself knocking over a full cup of pens... from daydreaming. "Shoot" I say while quickly dropping to floor to pick them up. The next thing I know the man is crouched down next to me to help me.

"No thank you, I've got it" I say hoping he'll stop so I won't embarrass myself even more.

"No please let me help you" he says with the sweetest soft voice I've ever heard.

"I'm Michael, Michael Jackson" he says.

"Thank you, Michael, I'm Tatiana Thumbtzen" I say shyly.

"Nice to meet you Tatiana". I shake his big soft hand and thank him. Something happened when I shook his hand, something special.

"Miss Thumbtzen we're going need you to come back tomorrow morning for a actual job interview" the woman says with a different tone in her voice than the first time she spoke to me, almost as if she were surprised by my application.

"Okay thank you" I say still looking at Michael. "Same thing to you as well Mr. Jackson" she adds.

"Well um I guess I'll see you again tomorrow then" I tell Michael before I leave. "Okay, Tatiana, I'll be looking forward to it" he says with a half flirtatious half playful smile. I smile back and walk out of the office.

I arrived home and get situated for the night. I feed Lola and do my nighttime routine. I try to watch some tv to get my mind off of meeting Michael but I can't. "I'm so looking forward to seeing him again" I say to my self before resuming to what I was doing.

To be continued...

Authors note: I hope this chapter was better than the last one. Thank you again and I hope you guys loved this chapter as much as I did!!! Next chapter is coming very soon.❤️- Genesis Loren