Chapter 2

Macey's P.O.V.

I flipped the cover page of 'Tiger Beat' and came across an article about the favorite couple of the month: Brianna and Levi (Lianna). There was a picture of the two kissing in front of a restaurant.

"Ouch!" The words slipped as my hair dresser tugged a lock of my hair a little too hard.

"I'm sorry!" She panicked.

"No, you are totally fine." I smiled, looking up in the mirror at all the curlers in my hair.

She took them out one by one. Clean, loose curls fell to my shoulders as they were taken out. I was amazed by the results.

"Thanks so much Marie! My hair looks gorgeous thanks to you!" I beamed.

Marie's words were drowned by the audience cheering my name.

"MACEY! MACEY! MACEY!" Muffled voices screamed.

I stood there, astonished by the chanting.

"Alright Mace, if you walk down this hall, you take a left and there will be a little circular platform you stand on, which will rise up onto the stage. Got it?" The technician informed me.

"Got it." I said, giving him the thumbs-up.

I walked through the dark hall. It was kinda creepy, but after all, I was under the stage.

As I stepped onto the platform, I immediately rose onto the stage. The muffled voices turned into piercing, sharp cheers that grew even louder at the sight of me.

I gripped my microphone, not scared at all. "How you all doing tonight?"

People cheered and screamed.

"Awesome! Okay everyone, we are gonna kick off the night, we are gonna start with 'Summer Forever!'"

I raised the mic to my mouth.

"Walking on the pavement, with my flip-flops."

"Woah-oh-oh-oh, woah-oh-oh-oh"

"My friends are talkin' bout the boys while I'm chasing right after them."

"Woah-oh-oh-oh, woah-oh-oh-oh."

"Gonna hit up that slushie stand, and buy out every flavor."

"Woah-oh-oh-oh, woah-oh-oh-oh."

"Cuz it's summ-ah, for-evah! Gotta fill up, my calen-dah, and forget about the stress-fah world!"

As the song continued, my voice started to die down. What was happening?

I just made it through the song. I was about to announce the next song, my new release, when I realized I could barely speak.

I stood there like a deer in the headlights as people stared and the clapping and cheering faded.

"I'll be right back guys." I said, and ran offstage.

"What are you doing?!" My producer Barry freaked out.

"I can't sing!" I said hoarsely.

"What?!"

"You heard me!"

"Okay, okay. I can't believe you would do this Macey! I mean, for god's sake, you had a concert today!" Barry said, pacing around in circles. "Looks like we are gonna have to use Plan B."

This is what I had dreaded. Lip syncing.

When I walked out on stage, the song immediately started since my voice was to weak to do an introduction.

I started off good. I knew the lyrics word by word, and when to lip sync to them. And then, things took a turn for the worse.

I stared coughing. Yeah, coughing. It sounds not like too much of a train wreck, but when the voice to lip sync to is still singing in the background while you're coughing, people would know I really wasn't singing for real.

I tried to carry on with my lip syncing, but my coughing was uncontrollable. The music was stopped so I couldn't be humiliated anymore, but don't think things could get any worse.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Hey guys! Thanks a lot for reading :) I hope you enjoyed this book. I would quickly like to let you guys know that you should check out 'The Plague' by ToxicBurrito. I really want the guy who is writing it to update because I am in love with that book! Lol. Anyways, vote & comment. Thanks!