Chapter 3

Brianna's P.O.V.

Every so slowly, I woke from a deep sleep. I slipped my legs out from under my blanket and swung them to the side of the bed, and planting them onto the floor. I walked to the kitchen to make some instant oatmeal.

"Knock, knock!" I heard on the door of my apartment. My apartment was pretty big. I had the 'rich things' I guess you could say, like a whirlpool bathtub, flat screen TV, fancy furniture, etc.

I opened the door. "Oh, Paul! Hello! I forced a little smile.

"Alright, I was thinking we should set up a booth where you sign autographs, and have pictures taken with fans, and maybe Levi could stop by and you two could share a kiss." He said as he barged into my apartment.

"What are you talking about?" I wondered.

"You haven't heard?!" He said as he plopped down on the furry white sofa and flicked on the TV. "Celeb-Con! Everyone is going. It's in LA. So many other celebs are going to be there as well, and we can't miss it!" Sure enough, the show on the screen was talking about Celeb-Con.

"I don't think I can. It's my mom's birthday that day..."

"Darling, your mother can wait. Her birthday comes every YEAR, and Celeb-Con, well, might only come this once! Come on, you are one of the most popular and well-known actresses throughout the entire United States, and maybe even the WORLD! This is an opportunity that will only come a couple times in your entire lifetime. So that's it, you are coming. It's a done deal, since I've let them know you will be there."

"Wait, what?! But--"

"Well, I have to leave to a meeting with the writers of the show. Goodbye Bri!" He said as he kissed my cheek, got up off the couch, and left.

How would I tell mom that I couldn't be with her on her birthday?

I needed to stop stressing, so I turned on the TV.

"Macey Harven, international pop star, is lip syncing at a concert in Milwaukee. Everyone thought she was a true singer, but she proves us wrong. She coughs, and her voice is mysteriously still singing in the background. Could this be a career breaker for her?" The news woman on TV says. Poor Macey. I had heard she's an amazing singer. I wonder if she's is going to Celeb-Con as well.

Celeb-Con takes place in LA at 7:00 AM and goes on for 2 days, since it's such a big event. I wish I could be with my mom on her birthday.