Chapter 4

Macey's P.O.V.

"I can not believe you Macey. You have disappointed everyone!" Barry snapped.

"I couldn't help coughing!"

"You could have just held it in for god sake! Macey, you've completely ruined your reputation."

"Okay, so this is my fault? I'm not the one who suggested lip syncing!"

"Well the one other plan we could do you ruined as well! This is why you should go to Celeb-Con."

"What?!" I said, confused.

"This could be a chance to redeem yourself! You can sing to fans or whatever, so they know you actually have talent." Barry said. His thin, bony, older body and black hair was the perfect image of an evil man.

"Are you serious? That would completely humiliate me!"

"Mace, you can't hide your entire life from humiliation and embarrassment. You need to win your fans back. But I guess, if you really don't want to go, that's fine, but you'll never be able to sell out concerts, be one of the most popular singers, be the number one artist on iTunes, and so much more. You have to make up for your terrible mistake that cost you so much. You practically destroyed your career."

I knew Barry was right. I can't hide. But I just hated that he thought I ruined this all on my own.

"I'll go." I agreed.

"Good! Now, since you already live in LA with your father, we don't need to worry about transportation. 7:00 AM is when it starts. Remember, win back the fans. Bye Macey." Barry said. I noticed he grunted in the last sentence.

I walked out of the conference and outside into the black limo waiting outside for me to bring me back to Dad's. As got in the limo, I fixed my hair, making sure no pieces of hair were sticking out of my top-half pulled up hair-do in a little mirror I pulled out of my bag. Then I looked at my face. My reflection clearly reflected my stress, sadness, anger, and even how I was ashamed of myself. Yeah, I was actually kind of ashamed of myself. Barry told me I messed up so many times, I faintly started to believe it. But I still knew in my heart I did absolutely nothing wrong, and how Barry probably only blamed me because he didn't want to make himself look like the one who made a fool of himself.

I put the mirror down. Five minutes later, we arrived at my dad's small cape house.

"Thank you." I said to the driver as he dropped me off. My driver was 22, dirty blonde with brown eyes.

"No prob Mace. For the record, I'm still a fan." He smiled as I unbuckled my seatbelt and stepped out of the vehicle.

"Thanks, Blake." I said to him through his half-rolled down window.

"I know you can sing. And everyone else will know too."

"I hope they will know as well." I half-smiled and left.