The Escape

Drip drip drip

I can see nothing. Everything is black. What's happening? Where am I again? How long has it been?

Footsteps were approaching. A key moved in a lock and with a screech, the metal door opened.

"Well, well, well, long time no see, eh, brother?"

I looked up. Between my bangs I saw an outline of a figure not too far away from me.

"Felix." I spat.

"Now now, no need for that." I could feel his smirk. "Still not hungry? Not even a little bit?" He asked with mock concern.

I could feel the burn in my throat. It was so painful, but not as painful as my wrists that we're chained to the wall. "No."

"Pity. Are you sure? You don't look so good."

A low growl escaped my lips. "Why are you here?"

"What? I can't see my little brother without a reason? Oh how you wound me." He grabbed a fist full of my white hair. I held back a grunt. His red eyes stared into my crimson ones. "When are you going to give in?"

"I told you, never. I won't drink human blood!"

"Then you can die down here!" Felix shouted, roughly letting go of my hair and letting my head drop. "Such a disappointment." He muttered before slamming the door shut.

I was alone again. Why did he even bother to see me? After the war, vampires were forced to choose which side they were on. My kind were split between the vampires who drank human blood and the vampires who chose animal or the blood from human corpses.

All of my family except me chose to stay on human blood, though there aren't many left of us now. Why won't my brother just kill me? He easily could. He was a lot stronger than me.

I pulled at my chains in frustration. I had been here for far too long. Many a time I had tried to escape but to no avail.

Wait...

Did my brother lock the door? He unlocked it when he came in, but I didn't hear the lock a second time. What if he forgot in his anger? I smirked. One thing about Felix, he was always so rash.

I knew I was weak from lack of blood -well- lack of anything, really. But if I could just gather enough strength to break these chains, I could get out of here.

I began to tense my muscles as I summoned what little strength I had left. My eyes began to glow a bright red in the darkness and with one final tug, the chains broke from the wall.

I dropped to the floor, exhausted. But I had no time to lose, somebody probably heard that. I quickly stood on my feet, albeit wobbly.

I flitted towards the door and tried the handle and I heard the satisfying click. Oh brother, you fool.

I swung the door open and flitted into the corridor and out into the night.