S1 E1: Days Gone Bye.

Jolie's P.O.V

"Can you go check on Officer Grimes in room 719?" Doctor Bates asked me.

I didn't reply. I only responded with a slight head nod. I don't talk much and everyone knows that. The only person I really talk to is my 9 year old daughter Brittany.

I grabbed the clipboard containing Mr. Grimes' information from behind the front desk and hastily made my way to his room.

As I turned every corner I noticed a lot of patient doors were open, some patients were even out roaming the hall.

"Somethings not right." I thought. But I immediately let the thought leave my head, as it was sometimes normal for nurses to let the patients exercise from being bedridden 24/7.

I finally turned the last corner and saw Officer Grimes' room on the very end of the hall. I walked up to it and gently knocked on the door in case he was alseep.

"Come in!" a unfamiliar voice rang out.

I opened the door to see Officer Grimes' partner. Shane Walsh. Or to me, "the town creep". I always made sure my daughter was no where near him.

"How's he doing?" I asked with a fake smile.

"Nothing new. Just the same old same old." he replied.

"well I'm just gunna change his IVs and Bandages if you don't mind." I said while sliding past Shane careful to ignore eye contact.

There was an awkward silence in the room as Shane watched me do my work.

I finally finished and looked up admiring my work when out of no where there was a loud bang. The whole building shook. That's when a piece of ceiling tile came loose and fell on top of me, holding me in place so I couldn't move. I began to see black spots in my vision as I slowly drifted in and out of consciousness until I finally blacked out hearing Shane call out "nurse!" "nurse!" over and over again as he tried to pull me from under the tiles.

A few hours later

"Nu-nurse, nurse! help!" a slightly disoriented voice called out.

I let my eyes flutter open only to be blinded by a bright light. How long was i out? After my eyes adjusted a little bit I looked around at my surroundings only to see I was in the floor with a huge chunk of tile on top of me.

I somehow managed to pull my legs out from under the tile and used the hospital bed to steady myself up.

I felt a cold pale hand grab onto my wrist, which made me let out a scream. I yanked my arm away and looked down to see a very pale officer grimes.

"Nu-Nurse, Nurse. Help." he repeated a little more calm.

"Uh wh-what do you need?" I stuttered out.

"water." his dry voice coughed out.

I turned around and went into the bathroom and got a paper cup filling it with water from the sink. I looked down at it realizing how thirsty I was before I completely downed the small cup and refilled it two more times before I felt better. I grabbed another cup filled it with water and then exited the bathroom.

I walked up to Mr. Grimes and let him drink from the cup until he seemed satisfied.

He glanced from the cabinet full of painkillers and other pills and back at me before I realized what he wanted. I knew I couldn't just give him medicine without his main doctors permission, so I told him I was gunna go see what his doctor thought and that I was gunna be right back.

I tried to open the room door but I could barely open it as there seemed to be something blocking the door.

After a good few pushes I finally got the door open enough for me to squeeze through. I looked at the small hospital bed that was blocking the door. I was confused at why someone would try to block the door it's not like anyone was gunna try to get in or out that didn't need to.