An Old Friend

"Sherlock, stop picking at it." I hissed.

"But I'm bored." He whined as he started to shake his legs. "Why are we even here?"

"I know you could probably figure out if you have any infection or anything else, I could do that, but there's no way in hell you could fix it if there is."

He looked at me with a blank stare, then pulled up his legs onto the seat and turned away from me. He's such a child. When it was finally Sherlock's turn, he gave me his card, then he just stormed straight into the doctors office and I was left to give them all his medical information. I went in to return his card, the doctor was already checking his hand.

"John? John Watson?" The doctor asked. "It's Horton Monaco!"

"Horton, how you been? I haven't seen you since you left the army." I said trying to keep the sarcasm to a dull roar. A smile came across Sherlock's face noticing that I didn't particularly like this man. Back in the day as an army doctor, Horton and I worked together. He was a complete dick.

"I see you have been doing well." he said with a sinister smile peering over his face.

"Pardon?" I asked, extremely confused

He turned to Sherlock. "We always knew he would come around, me and the boys would always made bets about this one."

Like I said. Complete. Dick. Sherlock scoffed and turned away from the conversation.

"Horton, I'm not gay."

He turned to me looking genuinely confused.

"Really? I just amused because...Well you two." He stammered.

He dashed away, obviously trying to avoid any other conversation, leaving me and Sherlock in an awkward state.

"I really wish people would stop saying that..." I mumbled, knowing what I said was only half true.

"John, why do you care what others think?" he questioned as he looked out the window.

'I don't, I care what you think.' I thought to myself. I'll be honest, I could care less of what people thought if I was gay, but Sherlock is the problem. I know hes married to his job and all, but I have wondered 'Is he the one for me?'. What if hes not, if I ever told him my possible feelings, it could ruin our friendship.

"I don't know." I shrugged.

Sherlock went quiet again.

"Sorry bout that, I forgot my tweezers." he said nervously.

I left for a bit to get a snack down at the gift shop while Sherlock got all the glass out of his hand. I grabbed a bag of crisps and wondered around the hospital. While walking, I noticed an older couple holding hands, it was two men probably in their 40's. I thought to myself 'could Sherlock and I ever end up like that?'. They walked over to a bald young lady in a wheel chair who more than likely had cancer. When they hugged her and handed her a small rapped box, her eyes widened.

"Thank you Dad, thank you father!"

I never found out what was in the box, they wheeled her outside before I saw her open it. They seemed like a sweet family. I thought about me and Sherlock getting married, raising a son or daughter and growing old together. That sure would be nice huh? I shook off my racing thoughts and headed upstairs.

"Where did you go?" Sherlock asked as I entered the waiting room.

"Oh, I just went to get a bag of crisps. Hows your hand?"

"Shame, I wanted to go out for lunch and its fine." He started to leave.

"Ugh Sherlock! " I blurted out a little louder than expected. "I would love too."

"Great!" He grabbed my arm and dragged me along with him. The second our skin made contact, I felt nothing but utter bliss and amazement. Tingles slowly went down every inch of my spine. When my heart beat had started to quicken, Sherlock let go. I'm not sure if it was because we were inches away from the door, or because he... 'noticed'. I was a bit embarrassed, like I said before, our friendship is at risk. I've never had a friend like Sherlock, then again, nobody but me has. I would rather be in the unbearable pain of never telling him my feelings, than too loose our friendship entirely.