Hello Again

"John, get out of bed." Harry shouted at me.

About a month had passed and I was still living with my sister.

I hadn't seen or spoken to Sherlock since the incident, I couldn't make myself to get out of bed some mornings because of it. That was one of those days. Most mornings like that day, Harry would drag my sorry ass out of bed while I mopped about Sherlock. I had no idea how Sherlock was doing, I hadn't spoken to Mycroft or Ms. Hudson in a long time. I assumed he was doing fine considering no one had told me otherwise.

"Come on, you’re going to be late for work." She said as she entered the guest room that I had claimed as my own.

I groaned as I wobbled out of bed and headed to make a a cup of tea.

"Wanna cuppa?" I asked Harry.

"I'm all set" She said running to get ready.

I left the kettle on and went to get ready for work, when I passed Harry's room I heard her on the phone.

"I know he’s a mess. Well what am I supposed to do?" Was she talking about me? "But that's just going to worry him... Okay fine. Goodbye."

I rushed away from the door and went to get changed. Once I had prepared myself for the day, I settled down in the kitchen, with a cup of tea. I mopped about Sherlock in my head, thinking about if it had worked out. 'Stop it!' I kept telling myself what a prick he is and why it’s a good thing I moved out. I focussed back into reality to hear Harry call out for me from down the hall.

"John! Come on, I'm leaving with or without you."

I relaxed myself in the car while we listened to some slow jazz.

"You're such an old man." Harry laughed. She slammed her hand onto the radio and changed it to what I assume is a rock station. I laughed and listened to the song. ~Carry on my wayward son, there'll be peace when you are done...~ It made me more relaxed than ever, I sunk into the lyrics and gazed out the window.

"You made a wrong turn; we're supposed to go left." I said.

Harry didn't say a word.

"Harry." I said very stern.

We made another right turn onto Baker street and my heart stopped.

"No, no, no!" I shouted. "Harry, stop!"

The car came to a quick halt on the side of the road, a few houses down from 221b. I climbed out of the car and started to walk away from what I once called home.

"He's miserable John." She blurted out. "Go talk to him. Please?"

"How would you know?" stopping in my place, refusing myself to turn around.

"I've been talking to Mycroft the past few weeks and according to him, Sherlock is a wreck." She took a deep breathe. "Today, he's worse than he's ever been."

I was trying to remember to breathe, I felt like I had the wind knocked out of me. Was he acting this way because of me? Had he got back into drugs? Questions looking for an answer went soaring through my head and I felt like I was going to pass out. I started to topple over my own feet but caught myself before I fell.

"John, calm down." Harry said attempting to comfort me.

I decided it would be best to see him

I started to walk over to the flat, when I noticed Harry get in the car.

"Where are you going?"

"Work, John. I can't miss it today."

"What about me? I called out as the car slowly drove passed me.

"I'll call in for you, good luck!" Harry shouted out the window as she turned the corner.

I took a deep breath and grasped the cold handle of the door that would lead me to solution or more conflict with Sherlock Holmes. I closed the door behind me and slowly tiptoed into the flat. I looked up and prepared myself to walk up the stairs, but I felt as if my legs were frozen.

"John." A familiar voice spoke behind me. I turned to see a hyperventilating, worn down, Mrs.Hudson. Her hands were full of water bottles, blankets, tea bags and various types of medication.

"Oh God, Mrs.Hudson. Are you okay?" My voice shook. "What happened?"

"It's Sherlock." She forced out.

Before she could speak another word I grabbed what was in her hands and charged upstairs.

"Grab whatever else you need!" I shouted. I pushed open the door and looked around, Sherlock wasn't anywhere in site. The first thing that came to my attention were the various types of alcoholic drinks scattered about the flat. I stopped to listen when I heard heaving noises coming from the toilet.

I opened the door to Sherlock violently vomiting. I cringed at the uneasy sight, and forced myself to go pat his back.

"John, what are you..." He proceeded to continue hacking up whatever was in that mixture. I placed the water down next to him and left to set up the blankets on the couch in the living room.

Mrs.Hudson, watery eyed, entered with 3 cups of tea on a tray.

"It's good to see you John, maybe you could talk to him." She cried.

"This has happened before?"

She placed her hand over her mouth holding back tears and nodded

"About a week after you left he started to drink a few times a day, and it's just escalated from there." She tried to regain her breath. "I love him like a son, I hate to see him like this."

My heart raced but I tried to keep my cool.

"You just need to sit down." I guided her to a chair. "I'm sorry, if I hadn't had stormed out this would have never happened."

"It's not your fault John. " She sighed "Sherlock’s just immature I guess."

Immature? That can't even begin to describe what a bloody idiot he is. I wanted to punch that buffoon,  yet I also wanted to go over there and hug him. I wished I hadn't moved out, he was a mess. I know how broken and lonely Sherlock is because, I'm broken and lonely. Before I met him, I  felt a void in the pit of my stomach that hadn't been curbed until I met him. I had a friend, a real friend, one that I had fun with instead of small talk about the weather at the pub.

Sherlock entered the room, holding on to furniture to keep his balance as he made his way over. He collapsed as he tried to sit down on the sofa.

"I think… I think we should get a dog. Like a nice one. Oh! Or a fish." He said slurring his words.

"Just relax." I said as I pulled a blanket over him. He tried to get up, but he was too out of it.

Within moments Sherlock was in a deep sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So its been a while... Ive had this saved on my computer for the longest time  I was just to scared to post :s but I hope you enjoyed this chapter! hopefully there will be more soon, just got to think of what happens next...if anyone has any ideas or comments please comment below! I would really apprecaiate it <3 

~A.C