2

PJ's POV

No. Why did this have to happen to her? Blood was covering the walls of Sophie's bedroom. Her screams were still ringing in my ears, and they wouldn't stop. She was innocent. She didn't deserve this. I held her body in my hands and hugged her close to me. Sophie, I'm so sorry. You didn't deserve this. Tears wet my face as I screamed out, even if I knew no one could hear me.

I heard sirens outside drawing closer. I couldn't move. I wanted to leave and run away. To hide away for no one to ever find me again, yet I couldn't. I heard the police break down the door, and they started yelling behind me. I didn't want to let go of her body, but I knew that I had to. I laid her lifeless body on the ground gently and moved so they could get to her.

They grabbed me and asked what happened but it all was a blur. I couldn't hear them, for their voices were muffled. I tore my gaze from Sophie's lifeless and bloody corpse to look at the officer. The color started to drain from my vision, and I felt light-headed.

She kept moving her mouth but I couldn't hear what she was saying clearly. I started to see black around the corners of my vision, and I slid down the wall so I wouldn't fall forward. She kept a hand on my shoulder and my gaze fell back on Sophie. I let out one more breath and fell into a deep sleep.

---------------------2 days later---------------------

The first thing I heard was the heart monitor. It's constant beeping piercing through my mind like a knife. I moved my foot and felt something hard against it. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Chris laying his head down on the bed. I guessed he was asleep and didn't move anymore.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door and I acted like I was still asleep. I heard two male voices and automatically recognized them. Jamie and Louis. They were talking amongst themselves and I stirred to make it look like I was just waking up.

Chris stirred and sat up groggily, rubbing his eyes. He managed to smile at the two boys before looking at me. He smiled widely, throwing himself onto me, and hugging me. I flinched, but hugged him back.

Louis put a plastic bag down that he had carried in with him. "Glad to see that you're finally awake, Pj," he said. I smiled at him, and Chris let go, sitting back in the chair. He got his phone out, and looked at it.

"How long have I been out for?" I started to feel a sharp pain, and rubbed my head. I felt the room start to spin. I felt like I was spinning with it, and I closed my eyes. What the hell?

"Two days." Chris announced. I opened my eyes, and looked at him. He had a worried expression on his face. "Are you alright? Do you need a nurse?" He asked frantically.

I nodded, and he stood up, walking out the door. I clenched my teeth, and looked up at the light that was above me. The white coming off the bulb made me feel uneasy. I concentrated on it, hoping that the room would stop spinning. I heard the annoying clacking of heels on the floor getting closer.

I saw someone out of the corner of my eye, and it was the nurse. I lifted my head, and looked around. I didn't see anybody else but the nurse. Where was everybody else? I winced as the pain grew stronger.

The nurse was fiddling with some pills, and I laid my head back down. I heard the faucet turn on and off, then the nurse was beside me. I was finally able to actually see her. She had dyed hair that was red, blue eyes, freckles covered her face, and she had dimples.

"Here this will help with your head." She held out a pill, and I opened my mouth. She put it under my tongue, and grabbed the cup of water. She tilted it back so I could take a drink. "There. It should start working in about a few minutes. Maybe," she looked at the clock on her wrist, "in ten minutes."

I nodded, and she left. I saw Chris, Jamie, and Louis come back into the room. Jamie grabbed the bag, and put it on the bedside table. He took out the contents of it, which was food, drinks, and some soap. He then put his hand on my shoulder. I looked up at him.

"Me and Louis are going to go ahead and go home. I know we didn't stay long, but Sophie's parents wanted us to come over." My heart sank as I remembered what happened. I nodded, and Louis came over. He hugged me, and went out the door, Jamie following close behind.

I looked over to see Chris sitting in the chair again. "Aren't you going to go home?" He jumped, and I felt bad. "Didn't mean to scare you."

He laughed. "It's fine, and I'm staying here again." He rubbed the back of his neck. "Just in case something else happens."

I raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean? Nothing has happened except the headache I had."

Chris shook his head. "No. Your heart almost stopped twice, and you were practically in a coma." He stood up. "Honestly I thought you were going to die, but you didn't." He smiled, but it was quickly wiped away. "It's even worse that I know what happened."

My heart skipped a beat. How did he find out? Is he going to tell the police? Calm down, PJ. That's probably not what he is talking about. Right? "What are you talking about, Chris?"

He looked at me, but he looked scared. "The clown, PJ. I know that it's you."