Consideration

The next morning I woke to the feel of Aidan wrapped around me with his head lying on my chest as his fingers traced a design over the skin of my chest lazily. I was confused for a moment just how I had gotten there when the last thing I remembered was putting Rydon to bed but as I began to open my mouth to ask the previous night’s visions slammed into me. Tightening my arms around him I fought back a low growl.

“It’s all right.” Aidan soothed pressing his lips to my neck as he continued rubbing my chest. “Just breath baby.”

“I’m sorry Aidan.” I murmured as I buried my face into his blond curls.

He chuckle as he tilted his head enough that our eyes met, giving me full view of those beautiful glittering blue orbs. “For what?”

“For making you put up with this.”

He laughed again causing me to scowl down at him now, “If all I have to put up with is calming you down from seeing fucked up things you should never have to see, then baby I will die a happy man.”

I had to smile at that. “Well that’s a good thing to know.” I said as I pressed my lips to his forehead and he fell silent as he stared up at me for a long stretch of time seeming to be searching for something.

“I know that this was a bad one Zariah. Do you want to talk about it?”

“No.” I said shaking my head as I tore my eyes from his knowing that he would see right through me if I ever tried to tell him otherwise.

“Well if you decide to just let me know all right?” I nodded and we settled back into a comfortable silence. Even with Aidan lying in my arms I couldn’t stop the gnawing worry that ate at my gut. One of these times I was going to leave Aidan alone and defenseless, and then one of these times Aidan wasn’t going to be coming back to me.

“Aidan?”

“Hmm?”

“Don’t get mad about this. But please, at the very least, just think about actually telling people about our mating? Give it more thought than you have been.”

Letting out a deep frustrated sigh he nodded, “I’ll think about it.”

“And please, don’t go running by yourself for a while.” He stiffened at that before slowly pushing himself up onto his elbow so that we were eye to eye, those eyes remained locked on mine.

“It was about me?” he asked quietly and to my surprise it wasn’t fear that clouded his eyes or was laced through his voice, it was concern. I remained silent, I didn’t want to lie to Aidan, and in fact I refused to unless I had absolutely no choice. He lunged forward so that he could wrap his arms around my neck and nuzzle there gently. “Oh Zariah. I’m so sorry.” He murmured as he pressed gently kisses along my shoulder.

“What do you have to be sorry for?” I asked and it was my turn to frown down at him.

“You should never have to see anything like that.”

“So you’re more worried about me seeing it than what I actually saw?”

“Of course I am! It isn’t fair that you have to see these things Zariah but it is a gift that you have been given, and though I only know the few that you have let yourself talk about I know most of what you see aren’t pretty things and the last person you should have to see them about is me when you have to worry about everyone else you love.”

“You are something else baby, do you know that?” I said shaking my head in utter amazement. No one had ever actually worried about how I felt until after they had knew exactly what it was I had seen and even then it was only halfhearted because by that point so many were worried about what it is I had seen happening to them.