Chapter 14: A Reason To Go Back To School

**Calvin's POV **

"Edward, we need to talk." I said as soon as he got in the door. He closed the door behind him and flicked on the light switch.

"Now, I get how you felt." He chuckled, referring to the last time where our roles were reversed. "Waiting in the dark is creepy, even for you, mate." He settled down on the sofa and let out a sigh.

"What is it you want to talk about, Calvin Jordan?" He asked, letting out a breath of air.

"I want to talk about the day you saved Lynette." I leaned forward, resting my elbows on my knees. I clasped my hands together as they dangled in the space in between my legs.

"What about it?" He asked casually, resting back on the sofa and spreading his arms atop the sofa.

"What happened to those vampires?" I asked. "What did you do to them?"

"I—"

"Don't tell me they ran away, Ed because I know you didn't let them." I cut him off, giving him a stern look. I needed the truth from him but he didn't look like he was about to give me what I wanted.

"Fine. I killed them." He confessed and I could tell he was being honest but he wasn't telling me everything.

"And what did you find out from them before you did that?" I questioned and he blew out a breath in exasperation.

"Nothing." He said blandly and I narrowed my eyes at him, earning an eye roll from him.

"Edward!" I warned, telling him not to lie to me. "You must've questioned them."

"I didn't." He shook his head, a blank expression on his face as he looked back at me.

"Edward, why did they want to kill Lynette?" I pushed on. He knew something, I was so sure of it but why was he hiding it from me?

"Calvin, I'm starting highschool." He changed the subject, getting up to his feet. "Do you want to come with me?"

"What?"

"It's the 21st century, Cal. It'll be fun." Edward coaxed. "Also, you'd be able to watch Lynette without looking like a stalker."

"Edward, that's a very bad idea." I shook my head in disagreement. "We don't belong in high schools or colleges." I discouraged but Edward rolled his eyes in response.

"Always the party pooper, Calvin Jordan." He muttered and I frowned at him. It wasn't fair that he was making me out to be the bad guy.

"Wrong. I'm the voice of reason. There's a clear difference between the two." I corrected and he mimicked me in a very childish, mocking way.

"I don't see any good reason or clear difference, Cal. You must have your eyes set in the wrong direction, mate." This time I rolled my eyes at him.

"If you're not going, I'll go without you. I'm a grown man—vampire man and you're not the boss of me." Edward stated. "Besides I already told Lynette I was starting tomorrow."