Chapter 41: Death Is An Unexpected Visitor

**Lynette's POV**

I stared at the girl with eyes wide in shock and horror. I couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing and it scared me to think of it as real.

From her brown eyes to her slim nose to her pink full lips, to her petite figure, to her black curly hair and brown skin. It was all identical to my features save for a small birth mark right below the left side of her lower lip.

It had been like I was staring in a mirror, especially because she had been dressed exactly like I was with no detail out of place.

"W-Who are you?" I managed to speak and the girl arched an eyebrow at me with a look on her face that I could only describe as 'really'.

"Isn't it obvious?" She gestured all of herself. "Can't you guess who I am?" It was then I noticed another distinction between us. She had a British accent.

Could she have been my doppelganger, Natalie? If she was, how was it that she was still alive after almost an entire century and still looked exactly like she had in the portrait?

Calum had mentioned Natalie had come back from the dead months after her death, so that made her definitely not human but he hadn't said what she was.

Bellamy had gone on to mention that both Natalie and Roselle had murdered their families shortly after reuniting with them.

I was new to the whole supernatural thing but from all that I had known to this point, it all pointed to one thing.

"V-Vampire." I stuttered and she frowned instantly, her brown eyes glaring into mine.

"Do not mistaken me for one of those freaks. I am not one of them, rather, they are a perversion of me." She said, her frown easing into a smirk and took an uncomfortable step towards me.

I took a step back away from her, fearing that she was going to hurt me. There was a dangerous glint in her eye, which told me all she wished for me was harm.

"Don't move." She quickly instructed just as she took another step towards me. Her eyes bored into mine and for some reason, I found myself obeying her command, although I'd wanted to get as far away from her as possible. "To answer your question," She started, taking two steps away from me. "I am Aemilia, your evil twin sister."

My eyes widened as I heard the name Aemilia.

She had been the one who Lance and his vampires were terrified off. She had made the vampires flee in panic at just the sound of her name and she had been yet another person who had wanted to kill me.

I was overcome with fear and I just wanted to run away from her but I couldn't move. I felt like I was trapped inside my body and someone else had control over me. My body had refused to obey my commands.

I was so terrified that I hadn't registered the fact that she had called herself my twin sister. I just wanted to get away from her.

"Awww. You look terrified." She cooed, giving me a look of pity as she angled her head slightly to the side and jotted out her bottom lip. "Well, you should be." She said a moment later, the former smirk reappearing on her face.

"Please, don't hurt me!" I pleaded as she once again took an intimidating step towards me, causing my heart to pound against my ribcage. My body to begin to tremble in fear.

"Oh, sister." She gave a sigh, brushing away the strands of hair flailing in my face and then, brushing her fingers over my cheek.

My throat closed up and tears stung at my eyes as she did this. I was terrified that she was going to hurt me but it made it even more terrifying that I couldn't even attempt to save myself because I couldn't move.