Chapter 44: Who Could Love A Monster?

**Edward's POV**

I found Calum through one of my contacts at one of the Red Moon hideouts and set up a meet with him. He met me at Lynette's and we devised a plan to save her.

I wasn't sure if I could trust Calum not to hand Lynette over to Lance but it helped that he wanted to take down Aemilia as well despite their history.

I had to keep Calvin out of this because I couldn't trust him not to kill Lynette for real this time. I had no idea what dying had done to him but I knew he would've never wanted any harm to come to Lynette if he were in his right mind, so, after the spell over him was broken, he was going to be glad he hadn't killed her but until then, I had to protect her from him.

In other news, it had come around that Jane Ann was dead. She was ambushed by the Red Moon Vampires and Lance had killed her himself, ripping out her heart.

I felt sad about her death but my conscience was clear. I'd told her to get out while she still could but she didn't listen, instead, she drove straight to her own demise.

If Jane Ann was dead, I had no idea what Aemilia was going to do to Sierra. I had to find her before something bad happened to her but I had a feeling Aemilia was too occupied with Lynette to bother about Sierra, so, rescuing her shouldn't have been too much of a hassle.

After everything had been planned, we went on to execute. Calum was to get Lance to hand him the dagger he'd used to kill Aemilia before and locate her while I distracted Calvin long enough for our inside woman, Harper to grab Lynette and transport her to the airport where Bellamy and her mother, Maria would've been waiting to take her to London and far away from all this.

The plan was in motion now and I headed back to the penthouse where I was sure Calvin was.

He wasn't leaving town like he was supposed to until he had killed Lynette, so, I had to give him something much more important to worry about.

"Wait!" I stopped him just as he was about to go out in search of Lynette.

"What is it, Edward?" Calvin turned around to face me with a bored expression.

"There's something I need to tell you." I paused, reading his reaction. He didn't even seem the least curious. He looked more impatient and annoyed than anything.

"Can't this wait?" He asked, impatiently as he placed the bronze dagger into a knife holster on his belt.

"I'm afraid it can't." I shook my head. "It's about—" I paused, taking a deep breath. I was about to tell Calvin about his daughter he'd thought to be dead for decades. I had no idea how he was going to react to the news or what he would've done to me for not telling him sooner. "It's about Sierra."

With Calvin's attention peaked, he stared at me waiting for reply.

"Calvin, she's, um—" I pursed my lips for a moment before I continued. "Sierra's alive."

**Calvin's POV**

Sierra's alive.

...alive.

Edward's words echoed in my ears over and over and over again but I still couldn't believe what I'd heard.

"What?" Tears welled up in my eyes as my lips pulled upwards in a smile. I took a few steps back in disbelief as Edward confirmed what I'd heard him say the first time.

"Sierra's alive." He repeated and I brushed my palma over my hair before placing them over my face in disbelief.

A laugh escaped my lips and a sob followed shortly after. I'd felt an unexplainable kind of joy, the kind that made me want to scream out in excitement and then cry at the same time.