Chapter 18: A Dagger For You And One For Me Too

**Listen to Stranger Things by Maroon 5(Just cause it kept playing on loop in my head while I edited this chapter)**

I'm just looking out for you tonight

We look for stranger things cause that's just who we are

**Chapter 18: A Dagger For You And One For Me Too**

**Calvin's POV **

"Lynette?" My face contorted in confusion as I took in her state.

Her head was tilted downwards but I could hear her sob as she wrapped her arms tightly around herself. I could tell she was scared as the rapid beating of her heart filled my ears.

"Lynette, are you okay? What's wrong?" I asked, worried as I led her into the apartment.

I was so concerned about her that I hadn't stopped to think about how she'd found me.

"Calvin?" Lynette's shaky voice called, turning to me as soon as I shut the door.

"Yes?" I answered with an arched eyebrow as I turned fully to her and she took two steps towards me, so, we were only a feet apart.

"I'm so sorry!" She cried out, stuffing her hands deeper into her bomber jacket pockets. "I can't control it!"

Before I could figure out what she'd meant, she pulled out something from her right pocket and jabbed it in my chest, right in my heart which sent a sharp pain through my chest.

"Calvin!" Edward rushed to me as I fell to my knees, weakened by the immense pain I'd felt.

A shock passed through me as I managed to pull the dagger out of my chest then I heard a scream.

As I fell to my face, I caught a glimpse of Lynette with a knife in her stomach. Her eyes were wide in horror as she fell to the ground, bleeding out.

"Lynette." I croaked, my shaky, bloodied hand reaching for her but I had no strength to move. I felt like life was leaving me as more blood flowed out of me and a moment later, my vision got blurry. I could hear the sound of my heart slowing down and soon enough, everything went dark.

**

"Look who's finally come to." Edward said as I opened my eyes.

Blinking, I was confused as to how I'd gotten to my room until the memories flooded in.

Lynette showing up...

Lynette stabbing me...

Lynette stabbing herself...

Me dying.

"Lynette! Where is she!?" I jumped off the bed and rushed to the door.

"She's fine, Calvin." Edward said. "She's asleep. I healed her. You're welcome."

I gave a sigh of relief and rested on the door frame.

"What the bloody hell happened, Ed?" I asked, turning to him and he shrugged, clueless.

"Lynette stabbed you and you died. Why? I have no clue." He answered and I furrowed my eyebrows, confused at his words.

"What do you mean I died?" I asked. I had gotten the dagger out. My heart should've healed shortly after I'd passed out, so, it made no sense I had died.

"Well, you're heart stopped beating and you weren't alive anymore. You were dead for about three hours." He informed, getting off the arm chair beside my bed. "Right now, I intend to find out why Buffy the vampire-well, Calvin slayer stabbed you in the heart with an ancient looking dagger. You coming?" He walked past me on his way out of the room.