Chapter Five ~ Finding Barnes

Steve paced the room.

He was very unsettled. He couldn't believe Bucky, was alive. Let alone he, was the winter soldier.

"I- he's trying to remember." You look into Steve's troubled blue eyes.

You recently had told Steve about Bucky. Since then he was very quiet. He looked worried. Now, you both were back at Tony's tower. The Avengers usually used it for a base. Steve and you decided not to tell Shield. Just keep it between You two and maybe Sam, if he could come back in time from an important trip he was on.

"I'm sure he wants answers. I've read everything in that book. I- we can save him." Steve eventually sat down and relaxed more as you said that to him.

"This is Hydra's doing." You place the Book on the table carefully, then slide it across to him.

Steve's eyes scan the books front cover.

"Where'd you find this? (Y/N)" You shift in your seat uncomfortably as Steve asks that.

"Uh.. It was in the back of Bucky's folder. It had a pocket."

"So if he is trying to remember, that's why he was after that file. After the book." Steve pointed a finger at the book.

"Yes but why? How did he find the book? Why did he know where it was? Jarvis scan the book." Tony interrupts and walks into the room with one hand holding a plate of doughnuts, he then takes a seat beside Steve moving the book away from Steve and in from of himself. Jarvis scans it obediently. "Hydra, codes and valuable information have Been found sir." Jarvis's robotic voice appears from speakers hidden around the room.

Steve glances at Tony with a questioning look. Tony wants supposed to be here. But he was.

Tony grins in return, "Don't look so confused cap, I'm here to help. If we capture the beast and If I get to test and check out that metal arm." He chews on a doughnut and walks over to his techno equipment. Scanning his finger, and then out comes a panel.

"We don't want the Soldier to get his hands on this, it has valuable information. With his hands on this book, Hydra can then reach it. Your 'Bucky' may be after the book because Hydra ordered him."

He places the book on the panel and it slides inside the wall closing afterwards.

Tony places the doughnut down and offers and doughnut around which you politely refuse.

"We need that information. Find out Hydra's plans.. The secrets to the Winter Soldier." Tony presses his lips together.

"Stark, Bucky needs help. We can save him Before Hydra finds him. Before, he hurts people."

Steve slowly speaks and lifts his head higher to stare at Tony.

"He's lost. He doesn't want to hurt anyone. I know he doesn't. I saw it in his eyes. He is out there somewhere, lost, trying to figure out the puzzle." You place your hands on the table and glance at Tony and Steve.

Tony nods and sniffs, while leaning back in his chair.

"Then let's go find ourselves a lost princess."

•••

Steve and You took the car, Tony flew above in his suit.

"Jarvis, scan the area."

Tony's voice radios into our ears as we drive. "Remember Stark. No fights, we're here as friends. We take him with us if he's willing." Steve sighs as he adjust's his ear piece.

"Willing. Yeah, because for some reason that sounds like something the assassin will do." Tony chuckled.

"Tony, I'm sure if he wants to remember he'll come. Just don't scare him off with your threatening weapons. Go unarmed." You say then shake your head unamused at his sarcasm.