Chapter 4 (Unknown Feelings?)

Chapter 4 (Esmeralda's pov)
I wake up with arms around me, I rubbed the tiredness out of eyes. I look and see Jackson is still sleeping, I tried to get out of his arms. He only pulled me closer "No stay with me." He mumbled I smiled at this human behavior it was cute. "I have to go now, I will miss crying breakfast friends with Steven. I told him I would, he will be upset if i'm not there." I said he slowly let me go. "Okay, I'll walk you out." He said getting up, we walked downstairs. I walked out and turned to him. He pulled me into him, he's hugging me! I smiled "I'll see you later." He said pulling away, Jackson put his lips on the side of my head than pulled away. "What was that?" I asked walking down the stairs. "A kiss? It's nothing don't worry about it." He said softly. "But- okay." I asked "Bye Jackson!" I said walking down the side walk. "See ya." He said I walked across the cold sandy beach, I finally got home. Just in time to watch crying breakfast friends. I sat next to Steven, he jumped. "I didn't know it was you." He said I smiled. I watched crying breakfast friends with Steven it was no very pleasant. They were crying for not very smart reasons, I got up and walked into the living room. I need to change my clothes, I found a random shirt and changed into it. Garnet walked in as I sat on the couch, should I ask her about what Jackson did to me? I think I should. "Garnet?" I said she looked over at me. "Yes?" She said "I was kissed, what's a kiss?" I asked "A kiss is a um...a touch of the lips as a sign of affection, reverence or greeting." She explained fixing her glasses. I nodded "Oh okay." I said "Why do you ask?" She questioned "Jackson kissed me." I said simply "Where?!" I heard Steven ask as he stumbled down the stairs. "On my head Steven that's all." I said walking over to him and helping him up. "Wanna go to the big donut?" Steven asked I looked at garnet. She shrugged. I nodded and went to the big donut, once we arrived. "What can I get you Steven?" A short blonde girl asked. "A box of chocolate and- Esme what do you want." Steven asked looking up at me. "1 of every donut." I said to the girl. "Woah okay!" She said with a smile. "Esme we don't have that much money!" Steven yelled shocked I smiled. "Steven don't worry." I said "How much?" I asked "35.56." She said I reached in my pocket and pulled out a 20, a 10, a 5 and 3 quarters. I set the human currency on the counter. The girl counted it. "Alright, I'll be back with your donuts" she said after putting the money in the machine thing. I nodded. "Oh that's Sadie by the way she works here with Lars, he's a little mean." Steven said "Sadie is nice, I like her." I said after a while, she came back with our donuts. "Thank you for coming to the big donut!" Sadie said "I'll be sure to come again!" I said "Okay! Bye!" She waved. "Wanna sit on the beach? Amethyst will try to eat them all if we go home." Steven said as we walked down the beach. "Sure." I said falling into the sand, I rolled onto my butt. Steven plopped down next to me. I opened the box and they all looked so good. Steven reached into the box grabbing a chocolate one. I grabbed a random one and bit into it, it was really good! I smiled. "These donuts? Are good Steven." I said "I know big donut has the best donuts!" He said with chocolate all around his mouth. I grabbed a napkin and handed into to him. He wiped his mouth, than grabbed another one. "Steven! Esmeralda!" I heard Connie yell. I saw Connie running toward us, she looked scared. "Connie what's wrong?!" Steven asked dropping his donut in the box. "Steven there is this giant monster! Down by the pier!" Connie yelled out of breath. "I need the gems!" Steven said. " Steven go get the gems..i'll hold it off." I said Steven nodded determined. "Connie, protect the donuts." I said she nodded and ran away with Steven. I ran down the pier and saw this gigantic monster. I first helped the civilians get away and than I summoned my weapon. I brought my hands toward my gem that rested on my forehead. My gems glowed a bright green and than my weapon was summoned. I had a green translucent cross bow and a bow quiver. I grabbed an arrow and pulled it back. The monster was about to attack some human. I breathed in and out than released. It hit the monster in the eye. It screeched in pain, it pulled out the arrow and looked at me. "Bring it on!" I yelled knocking another arrow. It yelled, I shot an arrow and it dodged. It was ran at me and I jumped just as it swiped at me. I landed on its back, I knocked an arrow than shot it right in the head. It poofed and a gem fell from it. I landed crouched, I ran and caught the gem before it hit the ground. "Esmeralda!" I heard someone call. I looked and saw Steven Connie and the gems. "You defeated it by yourself?" Connie asked I nodded. "Good job, give me the gem. It needs to be bubbled." Garnet said I handed it to her and she bubbled it. It disappeared, I sighed and sat down. "I can't believe she killed it on her own." Pearl said putting her spear away. "She has the abilities of her mother, you know how she was on the battle field." Garnet said Steven ran over to me and hugged me. I hugged him back and smiled. It felt like I was hugging rose. I hugged him a little tighter. "I miss rose.." I whispered I heard a few gasps. "I miss Em and mom too." Steven said I pulled away and wiped my face. Steven sniffled and wiped his face.