Chapter 14

When Church was over and they were having testimonies, Dad gave his testimony about how he found both of his children and how God reunited us.

After Church we went to Chic-Fil-A to get something to eat and to catch up.
"Are either of you working yet?" Dad asked, taking a big bite of chicken.
"I applied for a job as a nurse, and I'm going for an interview on Thursday." I replied.
"How about you, Shane?"
"I dropped out of school. Gonna "drop back in" when therapy is over. I'll be going to college soon, if I can get my grades up when I go back to school." Shane answered, leaning back. Dad nodded.
"Therapy? For what?" Dad asked, wiping his hands on a napkin.
"After the suicide attempt, the doctor suggested I went to group therapy. I didn't think I would like it, but I've made a lot of friends in the past few weeks." Shane explained.
"I've been praying you kids would get good education and make Christian friends who love the Lord dearly. I'm glad you found me." Dad patted Shane's back and smiled at me. "I never forgot your birthdays or ages. April, you're turning eighteen this year, and Shane you are turning seventeen. Correct?" Shane and I glanced at each other and grinned because he was wrong.
"You're right on the spot." Shane replied sarcastically.
"Really? I was joking." Dad said.
"No, I'm turning eighteen and April's turning nineteen." Shane chuckled.
"Thought so." Dad replied.

Dad, Shane, and I talked until midnight. When we saw what time it was, we went home. Dad had three guest rooms, so he let us stay at his place for the night. As soon as my head hit the soft pillow, I fell asleep. I had a dream, well, a nightmare. It was like Dad's "death," all over again, except this time he was shot, and Shane blamed me. In the dream, Mom was alive, and we lived on a ranch. The whole dream was pretty weird, and I was glad when a gentle voice woke me up.

"April, April," Dad shook me awake. "It's eleven a.m. and we have fresh, blueberry pancakes waiting for you."
"I didn't realize how late it was. I had a weird dream." I threw my covers off and got up.
"What was it about?" Dad asked.
"I'll tell you later. I'll be downstairs in a minute." I replied, and Dad left the room. I got dressed, then went downstairs. I smelled the pancakes as soon as I stepped foot into the kitchen. They smelled delicious. I sat down at the table with Shane and starting eating.
"Man, you must be hungry." Shane said.
"Yeah, I am." I laughed and poured myself a glass of orange juice.
"Orange juice and pancakes, April?" Dad said, coming around the table.
"Would you guys stop picking on me?" I joked. Dad and Shane laughed.
"Sorry, ma'am." Shane said and "saluted" me.

Shane and I eventually moved in with Dad since his house was huge, and we found jobs to help pay taxes on the house. Jana, Jake, and I decided we would all drive halfway and meet up to each other once every week, and phone every week, to stay caught up with each other. When we did three way calls, we prayed over the phone. Jake and I started dating when we were both nineteen, and Shane always made jokes about it. Life turned out amazing, all by the grace and glory of God.

Hello, it's me again.
Making Things Right is officially over. Thank you for sticking with me all this time, if you even read this far...Heh. I love each and every one of you with the Lord's love. I hope you enjoyed my story, and once I edit my stories that I'm currently planning on publishing, I will publish them and try to update more often. Vote and comment what you thought of this story. Feedback really helps me improve my writing to make it more interesting for you to read. Remember, all glory and recognition goes to the Lord. I didn't do this to get votes or comments or anything, I did it to use my talent(ish) for the glory of God. Jesus Bless you always.