Blur

"Hayley" came Sam's voice as my eyes flickered open slowly, my head was in excruciating pain and my vision blurred as I couldn't focus on what was in front of me. I could hear the purr of an engine, the soft vibrations of a car beneath me. The smell of leather and musk and I knew I was in the Impala.

"Sam?" I managed, reaching out into the blurry world in front of my eyes

"Hey, hey, I'm here, it's okay" came his voice, his warm hand enclosing around mine as he brought my hand to rest on his cheek.

"Where am I?" I asked

"Back seat of the Impala" Sam said, I felt his hand running through my hair, I relaxed, feeling his leg under my head "Is my dad okay?"

"Following in the car behind, everyone's okay, we're going to the hospital, I think your ribs are broken" he said soothingly and I sighed

"Hayley, the scars on your back" Sam said and my eyes, open wild "when did you get them?"

"My head hurts" I managed, reaching towards my forehead and feeling something sticky and warm. My stomach churned at the feeling of my own blood.

"It's okay" Sam mumbled, pulling my hand away from my head "you might have a concussion, don't touch it"I find myself slipping out of conciousness, even with Sam saying my name in a worried tone, sleep seemed the easier option for me.

x

I woke up to the faint noise of medical equipment beeping. My eyes focused on the room in front of me, a hospital room. I looked down at my arm to see a drip connected into my forearm, feeding nutrients into my blood stream. A loud snore made me jump and I turned to see Dad asleep in the chair next to my bed, his cap falling in his eyes. I smiled to myself, the door opened and a nurse came in.

"Ah, you're awake" she smiled, waking up dad in the process

"Hey, how are you feeling sweetheart?" he asked

"Little hazy" I frowned

"Well you lost a lot of blood and the concussion was pretty bad, you may feel a bit woozy for a while" the nurse nodded

"Okay" I nodded, feeling a little dizzy anyway.

"I'll be back in a while to check up on you, but get some rest" she said and left

"What happened?" I groaned, catching a look of myself in the window. I looked like death and there was a bandage around my head, my ribs in a huge cast that wouldn't let me move more than an inch.

"You were standing between Sam and Yellow eyes" Dad sighed "not a good place to be, cracked your head on a tomb stone and blacked out"

"Did you get the gate closed?" I asked quickly "and yellow eyes-"

"Dead" Dad nodded "the boys got him and yeah, door to hell's closed but a lot came out, we've got a lot on our plates"

"How long have I been out?" I asked

"About 5 days" Dad said, I let off a low whistle

"Sam and Dean?"

"Working a case near by" he smiled "Dean got a bit fidgety waiting for you to wake up"

"You look like crap, Dad" I said, he chuckled

"Speak for yourself, Hayles" he shot back and I laughed before wincing in pain at my ribs

"You should go home for a while" I sighed, leaning back on the pillows.

"Nah, it's fine" he shook his head but I shot him a look and he sighed "Fine, I'll be back later though"