Hell Hounds

As time ticked by there was less and less time until Dean's doomsday clock hit midnight. Giving me no option but to keep the mark hidden - I call it a mark but it was now stretched totally over both my shoulder blades and across my shoulders and down to the middle of my back in the perfect outline of wings and I was crapping it. But I kept it buried. Like 6 feet under buried.

We kept digging. Kept studying. But there was nothing, no matter how much we ran, or how much we tried there was just no way we could get Dean out of his deal. It broke me to see both Sam and Dean everyday, getting more and more devastated as the days went past.

"I'm sorry Dean, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy'' Ruby said, for the short span I've not really liked her I heard a note of sympathy in her voice.

''This can't be it'' I whispered, Dean's hand gripped on my shoulder. I felt hot tears spill down my cheeks as I stared into his eyes, I could see the fear in them. I almost jumped from my skin at loud howl and the growling of a dog.

''Hell hound'' Dean said with no emotion.

''Where?'' Sam managed

''There'' I turned to look where Dean's eyes were glued but saw nothing. A bark cracked through the room, I felt Dean's warm hand enclose around mine, he pulled me sharply into the next room, Sam and Ruby quick behind us. We slammed the doors shut with an ear-splitting noise, Sam and Dean frantically pouring dust on the doors and windows. Ruby and I plastered against the doors as hell hounds ran against them, trying to get in. The pounding suddenly stopped and we stood in silence.

''Give me the knife'' Ruby said, breaking the silence ''Maybe I can fight it off''

''What?'' I managed, Sam had given me his knife earlier, it was currently pressed into my ankle inside my shoe.

''Come on!'' Ruby said ''The dust won't last forever''

I paused for a second, looking at her. It's the first note of kindness she's ever shown to anyone but Sam - which made my skin crawl every day the way she looked at him. I leaned over and pulled the knife from my shoe and went to hand it to Ruby.

''Wait'' Dean said sharply, grabbing my elbow and pulling me away quickly.

''You wanna die?'' Ruby said, almost flustered.

''Hayley, that's not Ruby'' Dean said, aiming a gun at Ruby's head. She smirks and turns back to me, I suddenly feel a lurch somewhere below my ribs and I was thrown into the wall. The demon blade falling from my hand. I try to move but I don't seem to have control of my muscles. She threw Sam into the wall next to me. She then launched Dean into a table, pinning him without even moving. He grunted and looked up at her.

''How long you been in her?'' Ruby's face twists into a child like smile and it suddenly hits me, Lilith is wearing her.

''Not long'' she smirks, looking down at Ruby's body ''but I like it, it's all grown up and pretty''

''And where's Ruby?'' Sam grunted

''She was bad, so I sent her far, far away'' Lilith said, her eyes turning back from white as she tilts her head, her neck crunching as she did so.

''I should have seen it sooner'' Dean said, sounding thoroughly disgusted ''but all of you look-alike to me'' Lilith doesn't even look at him but she snaps her head towards Sam. She takes a couple small steps towards him.

''Hello Sam, I've wanted to meet you for a very long time'' She said, slamming her hand into his chin, forcing him to look at her. She then does something I really do not expect and she forces her lips to his, there's a sickening sizzling noise, I am suddenly filled with white hot rage.

''Get off him'' I spit but she doesn't even look at me, Sam squirms under her grip.

''Right, so you have me'' Sam growled ''Let my brother go'' He stares her down, his eyes flashing in a way I rarely see.

''Silly goose'' Lilith laughs like a child ''You wanna bargain, you must have something I want. You don't.''

''So this is the big plan huh?'' Dean says ''Drag me to hell, kill my brother. Then what? Become queen bitch?''

''I don't answer to puppy chow''

Dean is in clear pain on the table, trying to break her hold. I'm seething against the wall, attempting to break her grip and I feel like I'm breaking all my bones at once. Lilith just smiles to herself before wandering to the door, placing her hand on the handle. She smiles sickeningly at us all before her eyes settles on Dean.

''Sic 'em boy'' she exclaims, throwing open the door and breaking the line of dust. Both Sam and I snap our heads to Dean, who for the first time I've seen, looks completely terrified. Dean is suddenly pulled on to the floor by his leg, like a puppet on a string. Dean's scream fills the room as blood spurts from parts of his body. Sam and I watched, completely helpless as the man who was practically a brother to me was ripped to shreds.

''No!'' Sam begged completely uselessly ''Stop!'' Lilith looks at us ruthlessly then turns her head back to Dean. A small smile on her face. Sam and I continue to writhe and beg to no use.

Dean has stopped screaming but blood is pouring from his chest, he's not dead get. His breaths are coming out short and ragged as he gasps for air.

''No'' I whispered

''Yes'' Lilith smirked

She held out her hand and a blindingly white light erupts from it. It builds up and I close my eyes, falling from the wall. She looks thoroughly confused as Sam stands up and walks towards Lilith.

''Back'' she spits

''I don't think so'' he says, he pulls his hand back. Lilith suddenly pulls out of Ruby's body and I look up at Sam, then at Dean. He isn't moving.

He's dead.

I claw my way across the floor to him, I think I've broken most of my ribs and I had landed on my ankle with a crunch. I can feel his warm blood on my knees and I don't have the tears left to break down. I just pull my hands to my face and start screaming my lungs into them. I can hear Sam sobbing next to me, I push the balls of my hands into my hands, trying to pretend this is all just a horrific dream.

''Dean...'' Sam says hopelessly from next to me.