Prologue

I sat on the couch in my living room, the house was perfectly still and silent around me. The only light was the beams of moonlight, desperately trying to ease their ways through the window. I hadn't even bothered to turn on the light. I had a, now cold, cup off coffee in my hand as I ran over the events of the night in my head. It was making my head spin so much I brought the mug to my mouth, almost gagging as I spat out the ice cold coffee. My dad was asleep upstairs. I could hear his muffled snored through the ceiling above me. I was utterly confused at what had happened.

A friend of dad's, John Winchester, had came over. I'd met John a couple times before, he seemed like a decent enough guy. That was until he'd asked to see me and dad had chased him out the door with a shotgun, that he had cocked and everything. He'd came back in fuming, slammed the door and stormed to his room like a 10 year old. I'd learned to drop it, Bobby was just like that sometimes. But the thought still bothered me on why John had even asked to see me in the first place. I'd only met him twice, one time I'd joined dad on a hunt with him. He always gave me the creeps in a way, he looked at me weird and all. Dad used to tell me it's because I look a lot like his late wife but I always felt there was more to it than that.

Though I was fairly close with one of his boys, Dean, he was a good few years older than me but was always fun to hang out with, he helped me out of a sticky situation with a shape shifter once so I owed him I guess. But other than that I'd had a pretty normal relationship with the Winchesters. So why was John showing up at our house in the middle of the night, demanding to see me and dad then threatening him with a gun when he didn't leave. It just didn't make sense no matter how I looked at it.

I sighed heavily, pulling myself from the chair and walking back up the creaking stairs to my bedroom. I guess I'd just have to drop it, I was sure as hell dad would never talk to me about it.

I just had to drop it. Probably wasn't important anyway.