Chapter Fourteen.

When they arrive in Cheshire the sky is grey. Maybe it's a sing of all that's about to come, or maybe not, because in England the sky is usually grey. But the perfect storm it's just around the corner.

"Do you think they're gonna like me?" Niall asks nervously when Harry knocks twice at his mum's door. Harry smiles sweetly.

"They're gonna love you" he answers kissing Niall's forehead.

And then the door opens reviling a beautiful woman with black hair and eyes like Harry's.

"Honey" she says hugging Harry tightly "I missed you"

"Missed you too mum" he answers and then he breaks their embrace "Mum, this is Niall, Niall this is my mum, well you already know each other"

"N-nice to see you again" Niall says nervously, his palms starting to sweat.

"Oh Niall, it's been a long time since the last time I saw you! Come here honey" Anne says and then she hugs Niall like they are old friends that haven't seen each other for years even though. "Come inside, Gemma is in the kitchen" Anne says once she has broke their embrace.

They walk inside the house, hand in hand, and Harry drives Niall to the kitchen, where they find a beautiful young lady, that Niall supposes is Gemma.

"Gem!" Harry says.

"Harry!" she says and they both hug.

And Niall just stays there contemplating the scene, waiting for Harry to remember he is there and introduce him. And just as if Harry is reading his mind he does so.

"Gemma, this is Niall" he finally says.

"Nice to meet you" Niall says lending her his hand to shake. But Gemma doesn't do the same.

"Oh, the one who left you with no reason apparently and five years later came back like nothing happened" she says coldly, and Niall feels like a ton of brick has just fall above him, and he returns his hand to his normal place.

"Gemma, please" Harry says "we're fine now okay, there's no need to bring that out now"

But Niall still doesn't move, he's frozen. He clearly didn't see this coming.

"If you say so, but don't come to me when he leaves you again"

Harry takes a deep breath.

"I'm not-" Niall try to protest but Anne cuts him off.

"Okay, it's dinner time!"

***

Later that night they talk about it. Niall is staying with Harry in his old room, they're both laying on Harry's old bed looking at the ceiling.

"I'm sorry about Gemma" Harry whispers, because it's midnight and he doesn't want to wake up anybody. "I told her about everything that happened and-"

"Did you tell her about my illness?" Niall interrupts him without any emotion on his voice.

"No, I didn't" there is a moment of silence until Harry speaks again "I tough that were something personal, something you should tell, not me"

Niall doesn't say anything. He just listens how the rain it's falling outside, the beautiful sound of the rain falling on the roof of the house and against the window.

"Are you mad?" Harry asks.

"I just want to sleep" Niall says and turns he's back to Harry, thinking about everything that happened, thinking he wants to go home, and stay under the shits of his bed with Harry all day. But now he's kind of mad at him, and he doesn't even know why, he is kind of mad at the whole world. He just wants to sleep because tomorrow will be another day, a new day.