Chapter 4

Chapter 4: I Didn't Know

       Behind the doors was a room a dog should never know of; computers and desktops lined the walls, with three to four exaim tables in each corner. The exaim tables had vet supplies, water, food and dog toys. Both men and women hurried around the large room, either looking at animals or typing on desktops. Caroline looked over and a dog was being exaimed, splayed out with ropes holding him down. Suddenly a young teenager that Loki guessed was volunteering here at this building picked him up and tucked him into her shirt. "Come here, puppy. You're going to get looked at to make sure you're healthy. Your pups will be next. Don't worry, you'll be fine," Loki was tied to the table with ropes, and poked at with fingers and vet supplies.

"There we go," Dr. Morris, or, maybe that wasn't his name...but Loki thought he looked like a Mr. Morris, exclaimed. "Dr. Gigi, bring Loki back to his pups, then Caroline." Dr. Morris ordered. 

                     "Yes, sir," Dr. Gigi picked Loki up and kissed the top of his head. "I know this is a horrible place, buddy...I wish I could help you. But I would get arrested if I did. But I'm thinking of a plan. I'll get you when I complete it," She whispered in his ear.