004

picture on the side/above is what luke and michael look like in this story. ;)

I leaned on the counter quietly tapping my pen on the mahogany. There aren't that much costumers on a Wednesday besides the little kids from their pre-schools. I kept my eyes locked on the glass door, hoping that Ashton would magically pop up.

His hazel orbs, tanned skin, those cute dimples, buffed biceps, damn. I would want him to pin me against the wall with those arms. Hush, Luke. He probably isn't even gay.

My shift ended at 3 in the afternoon and Kaycee replaced me. I decided to give Michael a call.

Mikey?

H-hey Luke.

I heard muffled moans through the speaker, which sounds exactly like Calum, and reality hit me like a fucking speeding train.

Never mind, you seem busy.

O-okay

And with that, I hung up. I grabbed my hoodie on the coat rack and flung my patched Jansport on my right shoulder. "See ya, Kay!", I waved to Kaycee and she gave me a small one in return.

I stopped by the park and sat on the dark green grass right beside the sandbox. It's a sunny afternoon, I cringed at the sight of sweaty kids running around the playground, having a typical fun time.

Watching them made me feel something weird inside my stomach. I never got to experience running around with other kids. I was never allowed to go out of the house until I was fifteen. Homeschooled and weird. That was what my old high school classmates used call me. Probably one of the reasons why I decided to drop out at the age of sixteen.

I leaned back on the grass with my elbows supporting me. I closed my eyes for a while, letting the sun heat my pale skin.

Not after a short while, I can feel the sun getting blocked. I slowly opened my eyes and jumped in shock.

"Hey", Ashton said sitting beside me. He has his thick glasses on, with a book on his left hand and a dog leash on his right.

"He's a cutie,what's the name?", I asked motioning to the light colored golden retriever puppy which is now sitting on his lap. "Copper", I nodded and patted the dog's head, Ashton chuckling as the small creature shifted under my touch.

"What brings you here?", he, then broke the uncomfortable silence between us. "I just finished my shift and Michael's fucking his boyfriend so we can't hang out", I rolled my eyes and the beautiful boy just laughed and shook his head. What a wonderful sight.

"Sassy, I like it", I immediately hung my head low as I turn into a peach red. "Can I have your number, by the way?", It took my a minute to absorb what he had just said. He's asking for my fucking number. "Oh y-yeah sure", I grabbed his phone and typed my number, setting "lukey pukey" as my contact name. I handed him his phone with a smile and stood up to grab my backpack.

"I kind of need to go now", the curly head boy nodded and gave me a small wave. "Okay, I'll give you a call sometimes", I blushed and mumbled a small 'okay' and started to walk away from Ashton, the blush still visible on my pale skin.

"Hey mom, why are you home early?" When I get inside my house, I saw mom making spaghetti. "Hey munchkin, my shift had to end earlier that usual", she gave me a kiss on the cheek and made me sit on the dining table. "How's work?", she asked. I spent the whole time waiting for lover boy, mom. "Fine. A lot of kids.", she smiled at me and placed a a small bowl with pasta. She sat across my with her own bowl and we talked about things. We don't usually do this. Once in two weeks is the minimum number of times we have together since she is barely home from work.

After having lots of movie marathon with my mom, I went upstairs at nine. I took a quick shower and change into grey sweats and a plain white loose shirt. I laid on my bed for what seems like hours until I heard my phone beep.

Unknown number: Hey it's Ashton x

I bit my lip trying so hard not to smile at the text.

Me: Oh hey ;)

Me: *:)

Ash <3: Defensive much? ;)

I blushed at his words. He's actually a sweet guy, fuck whatever Calum says. I'm getting laid. Yeeehaww.

Me: :)

Ash <3: if you aren't cute, I'd say you're a boring texter ;)

He just called me cute. The guy I have been crushing on called me cute. Ashton called me cute. I bit my lip harder and replied.

Me: I'm not cute.

Ash <3: Oh tell me about it. You're really pretty, kitten.

I suddenly turned into crimson red and threw my phone on the other side of the bed, shoving my head on a pillow. I feel like a teenager noticed by her crush.

Ash <3: hey still there? Did I say something wrong, kitten? :(

My mind is totally floating that I forgot to send Ashton a reply.

Me: yeah, just sleepy. :)

I lied.

Ash <3: take a rest then.

Me: yeah.

Ash <3: good night :)

Me: Night night :)

I placed my phone on the small coffee table beside my bed and let my head sunk on my fluffy pillow. There is no way the huge grin on my face is going to disappear. It's not that I wouldn't want to sleep in it.

-
hi 100 reads, 20 votes, and 20 comments for the next chapter? :) love u angels x