Chapter 2

**

So my usual day is here again.

I am Maxine. You can call me Max. I am 18 and can barely get out of high school...not until Peter, my manager and my lawyer as well asked me to do some modelling for him 4 months ago. I accepted the offer as I really needed some money to pay up some fees in my school. That is when my career started.

'Meeting at 8:30. Meeting at 8:30' My mind keeps on telling me while my eyes still shut.

'Meeting at 8:30' .... I gave out a loud sigh as I thought again, 'Meeting at 8:30. Pick you up.....school. birthday'

I suddenly jumped out of my bed realizing what my mind was telling me and I then shouted:

"What the hell Max!!! It's Monday! i have to....wait! what first, what first" I was shaking, realizing its already 8am and I only have 15minutes to prepare for school, meeting, my birthday... 'Oh my' I hurriedly pick up my stilletos, my school bag, my tight white jeans, a red plain spaghetti sleeves and... 'what else..what else I am missing' .... 'crap. forget what i forgot! I must get going!'

"Honeyyy! You ready?!....... When you are, close your eyes as you go down stairs, k?" Stephen said. As always, he picks me up and stays with me all day...or stays with my car all day at least.

"What the f--- Stephen?! Are you trying to get me killed?! Who the hell will go down stairs with their eyes closed?!" I shouted while brushing my teeth. I dont even know If he undestood a word I said.

"ahhh...Someone who-has-a-birthday and has someone-sweet-downstairs-that-has-a-surprise maybe?!" as he recited every word with his irritating tone. Then he whispered "fckin' girl who does not appreciate" giving out a smirk.

I peeked at the bathroom as I finished garggling some mouth wash and lightly laughed "Heyyy.." I pouted, then with my two hands above my head fixing my pony tail, "I heard that.. you meany" and I gave him a tongue out.

He gave out a light laugh too as he looked at the bathroom just across the staircase up and looked as if he was begging and said "I'm sorry Princess.. Can you now go down and have your present?", he pouted and flutters his eyes.

I just nodded and gave him a smirk.

Yes, he could be so sweet at times. He's cute..funny, and attractive. But that all changes when he was drunk, he turns out to be rude, pushy and always shouting at me that made me shake because of fright. Also, when we were around some people, he tends to be 'The King', like I would bow down to him and follow every word he says. Like one time in my meeting, he said loudly "Honey I'm thirsty. Buy me a drink, please?" with his legs crossed and his head resting on his hands. Rude.. 'and define RESPECT!'

---

I went down the stairs and I was supposed to open the doors when I realized and faced him while giving a brow up "..and where could this surprise be?... a-huh?!"

He hugged me  little and pointed his fingers to a single stem red rose on top of my car. Then whispered "I love you babe".

While I was dragging my bag, with him being a no gentleman of course. I told him "yea. Thanks Superman-who-cannot-even-help-his-gf-carry-her-bag" imitating his irritating tone earlier followed by a smirk.

---

I drove down the road and as I slow down to Peter's office, he was already waiting for  me outisde. I saw how this day could be with Peter in a bad mood. I kissed Stephen on the cheek and said "I love you. meet me before 10am, k?", then I jumped out of the car and so is Stephen bringing my car some where only him knows.

"LATE!" Peter said with his arms crossed.

"I'm sorry Mr.. Lawyer... you know I cant argue with you" i answered back to him as if trying to be sweet. I put my arms around his neck as we walk down to his office.

"Stop acting like a child. We're not also buddies... I'm still a respectful lawyer. Put down your arm now" as if commanding a battalion to straighten up their lines. Yea, that's Peter. He grew up in a military training as his dad were a General of the army. But because he can't keep up with the training, he decided to ba a lawyer instead to make his father proud.

"Whatever you say Mr.Lawyer", i sighed.

Peter may be this strict, but he is the opposite of Stephen. He is only this because people are around us, when we were alone he is different. he knew how to crack a joke, how to be sweet and he always tend to be so caring and protective.

"Pet--" even before I finished, he handed out a car keys with a ribbon on top of it that says 'Happy Birthday'.. He closed my mouth and said sweetly while pinching my cheeks, "Hey..just because your late, doesn't mean that you will not have a present from me", then he handed me the keys and giving a cute warm smile.

"I already have a car..this is too much"

"Look. You dont have a car, since Stephen is the one using it always." he sighed and gave me a brow. "..and.... also...you would be paying for that. You owe me a three year contract Missy"

I never thought he knew about Stephen's attitude. i never thought he would care about me this much. i know that he is wealthy but we only knew each other for about four months, how could someone give me a present like this? Even Carrin, my best friend since kinder level could not give me even a toy car. Even Stephen who shares the same bank account with me gave me only a rose.

"What are you thinking much about? Snap out of it. We have some things to discuss fast or you'll be late for school"