Chapter 2

• Dedicated to Anwie Baobab

She quickly bent down to pick up all her books. It was like she was rushing to get to somewhere. I bent over as well and started helping her. Her hands didn't move as  flowingly as before. She made quick strikes for her books and looked up into my eyes. She looked empty. Like all her passion had been drained out.

"Thanks." She whispered, and walked on quickly, staring at the floor. I watched her walk away and felt a hand slamming onto my back.

"Hey!" Flynn said, and smiled. "Daydreaming bout your girl again?" He laughed, and walked with me to our next class.

At Lunch I looked around the cafeteria. She was nowhere to be found. I sighed and grabbed my lunch box, dropping in carelessly into my bag and running off to find her. But as I searched every building at school, she was nowhere to be found. I sighed and decided to go back to the cafeteria, maybe she was there now.

As I turned around I saw something move in the corner of my eye, and looked back quickly. She was staring right at me, with a frightened look on her face.

"You're bleeding like crazy!" She screamed out and pointed to my back. I looked and saw a red stain getting bigger and bigger. I felt my stomach turn and took of my backpack. Then I realized it was only my lunch that I forgot to close. The tomato sauce had gone all down my back. Then I laughed loudly, and she pulled a weird face, which made me laugh even louder.

"It's my lunch!" I opened my bag and took out the dripping lunchbox. All my papers were covered. She smiled slightly, as I laughed and then burst into tears and ran away.

Was it something I said? Did I do something wrong? I saw her run into the bathroom and I turned around and walked to the lockers.

"Whats up?" Flynn asked. He saw the look on my face and knew something was up.

"It's like she's gone, her eyes aren't filled with light anymore, and she looks like she wants to cry the whole day. She doesn't move like she used to!" I exclaimed, watching Flynn trying to push his bag into his locker. I sighed, pushed him aside, and kicked his bag as hard as I could and slammed his locker closed.

"Dude, don't be so emotional, she's just a girl, there are more hoes that you realize, that are actually into you. I could get you hooked up in no time, just get over her, you're being plain stupid!"

And that's how it was. He wasn't there to hear me out. Not only did I feel misunderstood, I also felt alone. He wasn't the only one who didn't understand me. The rest of the world didn't either. 'Man up!' I told myself in my head, and walked away from Flynn.

Days passed. All she did was stare into space. Sometimes her eyes were filled up with tears. Every time someone tried to talk to her she'd move away.  She didn't talk to me either. Would she cheer up if I'd let her know how I really felt? I was being too gay. I only cared about feelings. Flynn never talked to me anymore. He knew I was down, and didn't want to hear me whining about how I felt.